What's new

IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy - Up to 25 for the price of 1!

floodland

Of course that is true. Actually my only “gripe” -if I even have one- is the 3.5 release does not offer the S2 synths. And that’s merely my “inner hoarder gene” speaking because Lord knows I don’t need more synths, let alone sample based ones hehe.

I may very well jump on v3.5 soon. In the mean time the Group Buy rendered me a wealth of new and brilliant sounding digital instruments and tools. I’m happy ;)
The Syntronik 2 page does not clearly state that the new synths are only in MAX. I thought I was getting all 33 with my upgrade to TS 3.5. I would not have bought the upgrade knowing it was only the front end.

"In addition to the 22 synths of the previous release, Syntronik 2 features ultra-realistic recreations of the following 11 rare and sought-after synthesizers, each captured and beautifully rendered with IK’s latest sampling technologies."

Anyway back to the group buy, is there anything that isn't in TS3.5 Max?

doctoremmet

Anyway back to the group buy, is there anything that isn't in TS3.5 Max?
Currently, except for those synths? No. But at the time of the groupbuy you couldn’t pick the Tascam, Fame and Syntronik 2 bits. So people who tried to maximize and wanted to own “everything” using it, came awefully close but those things I mentioned will likely be missing.

So since I spent €199 + €49 in the groupbuy but also already owned TS2 MAX, I should have waited fot the 3.5 upgrade. I could have paid the exact same amount of euros and gotten more mileage out of it AND have secured my “eligibility” for whenever the TS4 upgrade opportunity arises, but ah well, the price of an education.

easyrider

So since I spent €199 + €49 in the groupbuy but also already owned TS2 MAX, I should have waited fot the 3.5 upgrade. I could have paid the exact same amount of euros and gotten more mileage out of it AND have secured my “eligibility” for whenever the TS4 upgrade opportunity arises, but ah well, the price of an education.
I sold the last two licences I had to enter the GB in profit…AT5 was sold and Mixbox.

I then used this money to enter the groupbuy using gear credits and JAMPOINTS….I then just added AT5 and Mixbox back into my account with two free slots….

I already had TS2 Max…and my urge to upgrade to TS4 max is pretty much curbed.

The whole IK model is a mess…the install is a mess and and the whole platform induces anxiety. When I open up AT5 in my DAW I’m constantly reminded by a splash screen to connect to the internet to demo the gear….it’s horrendous….although I have every single bit of gear in the AT5 product….

Now syntronik 2 has appeared in my Ik product manager….and there is an update to SampleTank 4 max….which means now if I update I’ll be bombarded with missing synth product slots from syntronik 2….🤢

Also there is an update for T Racks and no doubt the Tascam Tapes will get installed without my permission and I don’t own them…..rinse and repeat….

I’ll just stick with TS2 Max the GB gear and I’m done with IK….the whole platform is a gorilla marketing sales campaign that’s depressing…

When I do a fresh windows install…I will probably not install IK….it’s to much hassle….and bloat….

The bespoke installer allowing the end use to just, for example, install Comprexxor and Sunset Reverb has been asked by the whole community across multiple forums….but IK just do not listen….

When You ask about the upgrade paths….they ignore basic facts….

Last edited:

doctoremmet

I hear you and there were times when I sort of felt the same. But I have decided to not let software bother me anymore. And IK Multimedia happens to make GREAT instruments and plugins. MixBox and B3X and a couple of ST4 samples (Clavitube) are excellent. So is SSSR. Those are important for my music and have made my musical life better ;)

And truth be told, I have paid a fantastic low price for all of that software, so at the end of the day… I am happy. The rest is just marketing BS that -we can agree- can be annoying from time to time.

easyrider

I hear you and there were times when I sort of felt the same. But I have decided to not let software bother me anymore. And IK Multimedia happens to make GREAT instruments and plugins. MixBox and B3X and a couple of ST4 samples (Clavitube) are excellent. So is SSSR. Those are important for my music and have made my musical life better ;)

And truth be told, I have paid a fantastic low price for all of that software, so at the end of the day… I am happy. The rest is just marketing BS that -we can agree- can be annoying from time to time.
See….I go to see what the update is for The Comprexxor one of my fav IK plugins and yep FAME REVERB is there waiting to be installed even though I don’t have it…

🤢

74B3E150-4286-4137-9D17-2F60F6156833.jpeg

Flyo

They need to re-make the installation process and updates, is a mess having hundreds of serial multiplied and different downloading from each soft and so on. The sound and the software when they work is amazing for the most part

Polkasound

One day an IK Multimedia employee walked into my deli and asked for a pound of turkey. I said, "No problem," and then loaded up his shopping bag with every damn item I sold. It took me thirty minutes for me to fill his order. He wasn't happy with the wait time or having his shopping bag stuffed with 80 things he didn't buy, but he got his turkey and walked out.

A week later he came back and saw that I had a new Black Forest ham available, and asked for a half pound. I said, "No problem," and again, took thirty minutes loading up his shopping bag with every damn item I sold.

He went home, unloaded the bag, and couldn't find the ham. So he came back to the deli incensed and demanded, "I want to speak to the moron who manages the sale of these products!"

"I am the product manager," I said, "But to speak with me, you first need to speak with our authorization manager."

When he was authorized to speak to me, I told him to go back home, call me at deli, and ask me to restore his deli meats. Later that day, I restored his deli meats, but then he complained that he had lost some deli rewards points.

So I explained to him in very simple terms:

"Your deli rewards points cannot be used in conjunction with sales of new deli meats sold during sales in which rewards points can be used for existing meats, unless you use ham credits purchased at full price during any sale in which deli rewards points have not been redeemed for existing meats, at which time ham credits valued at up to the retail dollar amount will be revoked if the meats purchased during those sales are resold and purchased by another party using deli reward points, unless a discount code for any new meats was used in lieu of the ham points purchased on sale when no existing meats were purchased in the same transaction."

:grin:

OP
IKMultimedia

IKMultimedia

But he could easily demo any of the meats he wanted, and it was already stated that the shop will allow the choice of meats at the point of sale in the next full version, yet people still made "funny" posts about it.

You also only need to use the Product Manager in order to install and authorize the product you're being snarky about. Some legacy programs may need a "bump" with the Authorization Manager but it is rare.

Also, not allowing stacking of discounts is hardly unique to IK. Unfortunately we are not a charity even though we gave 24 free plugins for the price of 1 recently.

Polkasound

But he could easily demo any of the meats he wanted, and it was already stated that the shop will allow the choice of meats at the point of sale in the next full version, yet people still made "funny" posts about it.
Awwww... I was just razzin'. I've been a satisfied IK product user since 2013 and own just about everything. But I do agree with easyrider that the IK system as a whole is just plain messy. That's what my post was making light of.

Sonarium

Today (30th of November) is the last day to redeem unused licenses, isn't it?

and: Talking of Syntronik 2:
"Special offers: For a limited time, purchasers of Total Studio 3.5 MAX or Total VI MAX will receive Syntronik 2 for FREE."
Does that mean "just" Syntronik 2 is included (not Syntronik 2 MAX)?
Does that work with upgrades to TS 3.5 MAX too?

Thanks!

dzilizzi

Today (30th of November) is the last day to redeem unused licenses, isn't it?

and: Talking of Syntronik 2:
"Special offers: For a limited time, purchasers of Total Studio 3.5 MAX or Total VI MAX will receive Syntronik 2 for FREE."
Does that mean "just" Syntronik 2 is included (not Syntronik 2 MAX)?
Does that work with upgrades to TS 3.5 MAX too?

Thanks!
I've been putting this off because, technically, I have everything. But today is the last day.

This is going to take forever. I was done at 10 freebies and I have 6 choices per freebie. Sigh. o_O

You don't often hear about people complaining about too many free items..... :rofl:

And thank you IK Multimedia for giving me this problem. Seriously. It is a good problem to have. :thumbsup:

alcorey

May I borrow one last Piastre?
I've been putting this off because, technically, I have everything. But today is the last day.

This is going to take forever. I was done at 10 freebies and I have 6 choices per freebie. Sigh. o_O

You don't often hear about people complaining about too many free items..... :rofl:

And thank you IK Multimedia for giving me this problem. Seriously. It is a good problem to have. :thumbsup:
Funny because I probably spent 2 to 3 hours trying to figure out what to get with my remaining freebies and ended up with things that I don't even know what they are or do! :confused:
But yes, overall it was a great opportunity to get some excellent tools

Top Bottom