What's new

IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy - Up to 25 for the price of 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the latest email I received for Ik. It's talking about the tape machine collections, and a link to click on: "T-Racks Tape Machine Collection". When you click on the link it takes you to the old tape machine collection which is fine. But then below it's talking about buying one machine for $99.00, and get the rest for free with the 25 for 1 buy. Which is what I did a wile back. But then down a little father it has the "Tascam Tape Collection" for $199.00 but when you click on it, it takes you to the old tape machine collection? Are they saying you can buy the new Tascam Tape Machine's or the collection for the group buy? It's kind of confusing.
You're right, that "TASCAM" word has no place in that email banner and AFAIK Peter already let us know there is no chance the new Tascam Tapes will be added to Group Buy.
... later edit: wouldn't it be nice for IK to slip "Tascam Tape Collection" in the GB as a moral compensation for the mental distress caused by messing the email a bit? I for sure skipped a heartbeat when I first read that email... :sneaky:

You're right, that "TASCAM" word has no place in that email banner and AFAIK Peter already let us know there is no chance the new Tascam Tapes will be added to Group Buy.
... later edit: wouldn't it be nice for IK to slip "Tascam Tape Collection" in the GB as a moral compensation for the mental distress caused by messing the email a bit? I for sure skipped a heartbeat when I first read that email... :sneaky:
They did end up adding the X-Gear virtual pedals after initially playing coy about it, so it is possible they might appear as freebies.

60 euros postage to Australia on the MEMS mic .. oooph..
We are not a dealer or distributor so our shipping will be much higher to certain areas of the world. Our main warehouses are in the southern United States and Modena, Italy. I would suggest checking local dealers to see if they carry the MEMS microphone. You can also use other measurement mics that have calibration files.
They did end up adding the X-Gear virtual pedals after initially playing coy about it, so it is possible they might appear as freebies.
TASCAM processors are not set to appear in the group buy. Nor the whole TASCAM collection.
Source: I was the one who got the X-GEAR software pedals added. It's not happening for TASCAM, I'm not THAT good.

We are not a dealer or distributor so our shipping will be much higher to certain areas of the world. Our main warehouses are in the southern United States and Modena, Italy. I would suggest checking local dealers to see if they carry the MEMS microphone. You can also use other measurement mics that have calibration files.

TASCAM processors are not set to appear in the group buy. Nor the whole TASCAM collection.
Source: I was the one who got the X-GEAR software pedals added. It's not happening for TASCAM, I'm not THAT good.
Legend for getting those X-Gear pedals in though!

-DJ

Hey yeah no worries, actually the IK store charges 35 euros, the 60 euros was from another store mentioned earlier "dv247.com".

But when we hit 25K in the next few days
You're still gonna have roughly 2 weeks left to find a way to

ROCK THE CASHBAR

Sorry 140 pages of posts is a lot to go through... I just need to be sure before I make a purchase...

So:

If I buy something from the select list at:

I can then choose 24 or is it 25 now? of anything shop wide that is equal to or below the price of my original purchase?

or is the free selection limited to a certain set of products?

And if it is limited, is there a list somewhere of the products I can choose from?

So if I bought:
Miroslav Philharmonik 2 for €499.99
I can then get Sample Tank 4 Max for free? And keep on picking?

Last edited:
Hi Peter, Out of curiosity do you know of a Canada dealer to enable purchasing the MEMS mic?

I just did a google search but only found mems mic parts in Montreal and non-MEM mics in the $500 range in Toronto.

I saved one of my 199-tier choices for the ARC software, so am 1/2-way there.

If Peter is unable to give an answer, can any of the Canadian vi readers (vi-hosers?) point me to a Canadian resource which might land me a Mems mic.

Maybe for Canada, IK's US warehouse is close enough.... I don't know.

Cheers, Bill

Sorry 140 pages of posts is a lot to go through... I just need to be sure before I make a purchase...
Start with doctoremmet's post #2690 in this series. He gives a link to what you can purchase.

Markrs post #653 in this thread will land you on his links to a facebook posting which is sufficiently detailed to give one the smartest way to approach the GB.

I̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶i̶s̶t̶,̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶$̶3̶0̶0̶ ̶I̶ ̶b̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶$̶3̶0̶0̶ ̶G̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶d̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶p̶u̶r̶c̶h̶a̶s̶e̶s̶:̶ ̶S̶T̶4̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶o̶z̶z̶i̶o̶ ̶d̶r̶u̶m̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶T̶W̶O̶ ̶t̶i̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶(̶g̶i̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶4̶8̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶b̶i̶e̶s̶)̶ ̶=̶=̶ ̶1̶9̶9̶-̶t̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶9̶9̶-̶t̶i̶e̶r̶.̶
That alone gave me more than everything I need.
Start with the Doctor and Markrs and you will be in the right direction for the GB.
Cheers, Bill

Last edited:
In a gist, for less than $300 I bought $300 Gear Credits using a coupon code for access to two purchases: ST4 and bozzio drums which opened TWO tiers (giving me 48 freebies) == 199-tier and 99-tier.
Gear credits?

So if I find a coupon (any tips?) and buy one of the the things from the list that still counts as full price?

RE: 199 tier 99 tier
48 freebies? How does that work thought it was 24 or 25?

now I'm completely baffled...

Thanks for the # no, I will go read...

If Peter is unable to give an answer, can any of the Canadian vi readers (vi-hosers?) point me to a Canadian resource which might land me a Mems mic.
I couldn't see any decent options in Canada either, but I have had luck in the past buying stuff from BH Photo in the US. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1633237-REG/ik_multimedia_ac_250_mic_in_mems_microphone_for_arc.html (They have the mic for US$69.99).

I couldn't see any decent options in Canada either, but I have had luck in the past buying stuff from BH Photo in the US. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1633237-REG/ik_multimedia_ac_250_mic_in_mems_microphone_for_arc.html (They have the mic for US$69.99).

Amazon and Canada Computers have them. I have no idea how good they are or if they have compatible profiles.

Amazon product ASIN B00HE8OS9A

I got the same email and feel that I need compensating for the mental distress! :rofl:

Gear credits?

So if I find a coupon (any tips?) and buy one of the the things from the list that still counts as full price?

RE: 199 tier 99 tier
48 freebies? How does that work thought it was 24 or 25?

now I'm completely baffled...

Thanks for the # no, I will go read...
If you buy Gear Credits using GROOVE3IKM Promo code you'll get 15% off the price, so 300 will cost you $255. Then use 149 credits to buy a product, then 99 credits, then 49 credits. For each purchase you'll get 24 free products. So, buy 3 get 72!
I'm 99.99% sure this is a legit way to go but might be better if @IKMultimedia (Or someone who has gone this route) can confirm :)

If you buy Gear Credits using GROOVE3IKM Promo code you'll get 15% off the price, so 300 will cost you $255. Then use 149 credits to buy a product, then 99 credits, then 49 credits. For each purchase you'll get 24 free products. So, buy 3 get 72!
I'm 99.99% sure this is a legit way to go but might be better if @IKMultimedia (Or someone who has gone this route) can confirm :)
Markrs posting #653 on this thread gives the links which fully explain the gory details for this gentleman and others who are new to the GB or are wondering what's the best bang for their $.

Those links are precisely what got me started last August in the GB. I have not regretted the recommended entrance & purchase strategy one iota.

Hi Peter, Out of curiosity do you know of a Canada dealer to enable purchasing the MEMS mic?

I just did a google search but only found mems mic parts in Montreal and non-MEM mics in the $500 range in Toronto.

I saved one of my 199-tier choices for the ARC software, so am 1/2-way there.

Maybe for Canada, IK's US warehouse is close enough.... I don't know.

Cheers, Bill

Fellow CDN here. I priced via IK webstore--$44US shipping. That's too rich for my blood.

Long and McQuade is an IK dealer, but I don’t see the Mems mic available by itself. Maybe they can special order for us?

Would someone be so kind as to send my Amplitube 5 Brian May and Joe Satriani Presets? I have purchased all but one of the Amplitube Collections during this sale. But the Brian May and Joe Satriani Collections did not download the presets for some reason? I can not get any solutions from the support center. Thank you...

Fellow CDN here. I priced via IK webstore--$44US shipping. That's too rich for my blood.

Long and McQuade is an IK dealer, but I don’t see the Mems mic available by itself. Maybe they can special order for us?
Appreciate the tip.

I followed up on an earlier tip for BH Photo US, waited an hour on their chat line but got no response. They do carry the MEM mic specifically for IK's ARC software. I was trying to clarify if it required a cable, stand (likely does) and whether their free shipping covers Custom Fees. Having worked in the courier industry I had to return 100s of US orders due to cx refusing to pay custom fees that in some cases doubled their purchase cost.

L&M Toronto got me goodies in the past, so will check them out. Cheers, Bill

So:

If I buy something from the select list at:

I can then choose 24 or is it 25 now? of anything shop wide that is equal to or below the price of my original purchase?

or is the free selection limited to a certain set of products?

And if it is limited, is there a list somewhere of the products I can choose from?

So if I bought:
Miroslav Philharmonik 2 for €499.99
I can then get Sample Tank 4 Max for free? And keep on picking?
I made this post for late entrants, with links to the most relevant posts and resources:
https://vi-control.net/community/th...-to-25-for-the-price-of-1.112838/post-4934982

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom