What's new

If you could only use one solo string library, what would it be?

LordOfTheStrings

LvL 1 "composer"
I'm new to all this. I'm searching for a solo string library. I'm thinking violin would be the best to start out with right? Since it's usually the high strings playing melody. Even though must admit that the cello is my favorite in the string family
So far emotional violin and joshua bell look really interresting.
Also a all in one, audio imperia solo, seems like great value, but I think I would rather pick one instead with lots of articulations.

I'd recommend Joshua Bell, the only negative is all libraries afterwards may be a bit of a letdown ;)

Yeah the cello is my favourite as well. My faves:

Violin - Joshua Bell (Bohemian Violin is great too)
Cello - Bohemian Cello (Tina Guo ACL is great and cheaper tho, but more limited)
Viola - Tableau Strings Viola (you can buy it seperately, also Embertone Fisher sounds lovely and the ipad control looks great)
Bass - Xperimenta Classica Bass - amazing bass, how sweet the sound...

Last edited:
If you have Kontakt maybe spent $500 and get the Collector's edition which gives you the entire Cremona Quartet along with a ton of other things. But hurry because that $500 price is a temporary sale price otherwise it costs $1000 @ Native Instruments

If you have Kontakt maybe spent $500 and get the Collector's edition which gives you the entire Cremona Quartet along with a ton of other things. But hurry because that $500 price is a temporary sale price otherwise it costs $1000 @ Native Instruments
If you own Kontakt you can upgrade to Komplete CE for 500? For me it shows the price on the overview page but then it says I don't have any products to qualify for an upgrade ...

If you own Kontakt you can upgrade to Komplete CE for 500? For me it shows the price on the overview page but then it says I don't have any products to qualify for an upgrade ...
I mean Komplete. If you own Komplete 13 you can upgrade to CE for $500

I mean Komplete. If you own Komplete 13 you can upgrade to CE for $500
Thanks, but will be to expensive, because actually nope. I don't even own Kontakt yet. I'm planning on buying it before this sale is over.
Other things I own is
8dio Anthology strings (and adagio strings)
Some free percussion library that came with the purchase, forgot the name and all the other freebies from 8dio.
Also bought Fluid shorts from performance samples.
Can't wait to actually use it xD

Want to start out with making some slow emotional music (later epic music too) and will need some solo strings with a lot of character for that

So made this thread for some suggestions to look out for when it goes on sale :)

Thanks, but will be to expensive, because actually nope. I don't even own Kontakt yet. I'm planning on buying it before this sale is over.
Other things I own is
Some free percussion library that came with the purchase, forgot the name and all the other freebies from 8dio.

Want to start out with making some slow emotional music (later epic music too) and will need some solo strings with a lot of character for that

So made this thread for some suggestions to look out for when it goes on sale :)
Bohemian Cello/Violin and Cinematic Studio Piano were my first purchases as I wanted to make slow, emotional pieces. Hours and hours spent in bliss at the beauty and playability of them. The 'Emotional' series was a consideration but can to me seem synthy at times.

I picked up FLuid SHorts too in the discontinuation sale - what a ripper!

Other things I own is

Performance Samples, Violin A and Violin B, and Cinematic Studio Strings Solo = emotional

After a second look the solo strings in anthology/adagio sound better than I remembered. Bought it in spring when they had the sale going on , like I said above, don't have kontakt yet, so haven't tried it out. They sound good enough to start out with after looking at them on youtube, will probably look for other things I miss first like brass/choir and solo vocals :)
But you can keep the suggestions coming in

Last edited:
After a second look the solo strings in anthology/adagio sound better than I remembered. Bought it in spring when they had the sale going on , like I said above, don't have kontakt yet, so haven't tried it out. They sound good enough to start out with after looking at them on youtube, will probably look for other things I miss first like brass/choir and solo vocals :)
But you can keep the suggestions coming in
Why not the 8dio intimate studio strings? It's half price now.

I don't have this one and I'm curious about it ever since I heard AKD mention it in her video. It's on sale (50% off) right now. What do you like about it?

It's not a library that has a thousand articulations, it doesn't even have all the basics like csss, but legato and longs sound really good out of the box. And the short notes can be configured very similar to the css which for me is very comfortable too. I understand that spitfire or orchestral tools have more articulations or more control over the parameters, but if you want realistic legato lines, cinestrings solo is my go to

I too prefer the cello as a solo instrument. I don't own as many as some here, but among those I've personally tried, I'd choose Emotional Cello if I could only have one. Tina Guo is faster to work with if the sound suits what you want to do (and sounds great), but Emotional Cello has greater flexibility.

Top Bottom