What's new

If money wasn't an object and you could only buy one complete package....

Which one would you buy if nothing was stopping you.

• Spitfire Everything Collection $14889 U.S.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • VI Super Package Full Library $9062 U.S.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • EastWest Complete Product Line (Diamond and Platinum levels) over $15k worth (lol) at 60% off

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Project Sam Master Pack 3 (Everything) $2639 U.S.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Native Instruments Komplete Collectors Edition $1500 U.S.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Something I forgot

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • None of these.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Cinesamples Everything Bundle $3869.40 U.S.

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Orchestral Tools everything (probably over $30000 U.S. lol)

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • Everything from 8dio (guessing about $15000 U.S. $3500 on flash sale)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Robert_G

The End is Near
Only one. I'm not sure how this is even a contest but I'll ask anyways....for me it would be the VI Super package hands down...and that's considering the fact that I despise the dongle policy.

I don't think there are any other complete packages out there that have everything.
Soundiron is missing Woods/Brass
AudioBro is missing Woods
8dio doesn't have an everything package to the best of my knowledge...and they are missing a true woodwind lib anyways.
Strezov is still incomplete.

Not sure if I missed anything.

Last edited:
Better is not a term I like to use in this kind of discussion. More the sound I prefer. VSL is just too sterile for my taste.

I know you've been doing this much longer than I have, but I'm trying to wrap my head around this.
Perhaps you're only comparing the HW Orchestra instruments.

1. Pianos. I've used EW Platinum Pianos. I own the VSL Concert D-274. No one in their right mind is ever going to compare these. It doesn't matter which EW piano you favor.
2. Vocals (Choir or Solo). Both companies are in the past here. There are much better vocals and choirs from other developers out there.
3. Strings. HW strings are nice, but I prefer the sound of Dimension Strings.
4. Brass. HW may win slightly here. Neither touch CSB though.
5. Woodwinds. Not a chance I'd take HW over VI winds. VI winds are near perfect (full of life)...also HWs weak point.
6. Percussion. Percussion is a dime a dozen.
7. Solo Strings. HWO Solo Strings are a complete joke. Totally unusable instruments (except the Harp is ok)
8. Ethnic and Historical Instruments. What VSL has sounds more real to me.

To each their own I guess.

I would go with modeled instruments (AudioModeling or SampleModeling). They're a bitch to place in a room but the versatility is unparalleled.

Otherwise, I get along great with the EW libraries. It's also easy and painless to take them for a spin for a few bucks, unlike the rest.

Yep. If money is not a concern, go for live players. Everything else sounds like shit in comparison.

If you must have samples, go for something like Infinite instruments, forget all the usual stuff.

Only one. I'm not sure how this is even a contest but I'll ask anyways....for me it would be the VI Super package hands down...and that's considering the fact that I despise the dongle policy.

I don't think there are any other complete packages out there that have everything.
Soundiron is missing Woods/Brass
AudioBro is missing Woods
8dio doesn't have an everything package to the best of my knowledge...and they are missing a true woodwind lib anyways.
Strezov is still incomplete.

Not sure if I missed anything.
I voted for Spitfire but Orchestral Tools is a close second and they are not even a choice.

Money no object ?
You would have a moral obligation to use real musicians, many of whom are starving and desperate
in these uncertain times. ;)

Perhaps I should of said a Virtual Instrument Gift Card to spend at the Virtual Instrument mall for the one you want. Live players aren't an option here.

You only have options that come with an "Everything" bundle? But you have EW, which doesn't unless you are saying a forever license to Composers' Cloud Diamond? Otherwise you need to add in 8Dio and OT t minimum. Unless they fall under "Something I forgot" And yes, I already chose Spitfire, though I really have almost everything I want from them......

Top Bottom