What's new

I'am not confident with this

Foni Al Foniya

I need supervisor/mentor feedback for my compose/producing & mixdown. I don't know whether my music structure is right or not because I don't really know what the exact structure of orchestral music, but I still listen to Epic orchestral tracks from some artists / groups like TwoStep From Hell, Thomas Bergersen, and the soundtracks of movies.

I recently finished the track called brave, I hope this forum make me level up orchestral compose/production skill & experience:)

Sounds really good! I'm actually blown away! :)

Not much to say, other then my personal opinion on the first listen:

That rising sound at 0:15 to 0:24 is a bit slow imho... At 0:38 you did it correctly. At 1:16 I would go all out with French Horns and make the brass louder, just let it snow from there on. And then at 2:30 I would make the bass drop down an octave, and then at 2:31 I would add French Horns again, plus something like a Tuba to really blow people away. Nice sound on the strings. The last few seconds could use a bit more power, and climax. Possibly with a choir (shout) + french horns to finish it off with a blow. But it's al very finicky. Sounds good on it's own.

Composition wise, I don't like modulation. It's so over-used. Might sound clever, but I would continue building to a climax instead.

By the way, this piece on your soundcloud: Peregnation is really interesting and creative. The Adrenal is very cool. I never heard something like this before. Sounds really refreshing and original. If I were you I would explore this further. Especially The Adrenal. Might be interesting to see what you come up with! If I worked for OWSLA, I would definitely take notice of your work if you submitted that soundcloud demo. ;)

Last edited:
Sounds really good! I'm actually blown away! :)

Not much to say, other then my personal opinion on the first listen:

That rising sound at 0:15 to 0:24 is a bit slow imho... At 0:38 you did it correctly. At 1:16 I would go all out with French Horns and make the brass louder, just let it snow from there on. And then at 2:30 I would make the bass drop down an octave, and then at 2:31 I would add French Horns again, plus something like a Tuba to really blow people away. Nice sound on the strings. The last few seconds could use a bit more power, and climax. Possibly with a choir (shout) + french horns to finish it off with a blow. But it's al very finicky. Sounds good on it's own.

Composition wise, I don't like modulation. It's so over-used. Might sound clever, but I would continue building to a climax instead.

By the way, this piece on your soundcloud: Peregnation is really interesting and creative. The Adrenal is very cool. I never heard something like this before. Sounds really refreshing and original. If I were you I would explore this further. Especially The Adrenal. Might be interesting to see what you come up with! If I worked for OWSLA, I would definitely take notice of your work if you submitted that soundcloud demo. ;)

I'll input your advice. Thanks man!, but little modulation will it be too crisp, I mean not natural? : /

Ahh I see OWSLA, I think when I go into a big label must go through the person inside? I don't understand how they (big label EDM) recruit talents, because I see a lot of great people just submit via e-mail like [email protected] and just ignore it.

Ahh I see OWSLA, I think when I go into a big label must go through the person inside? I don't understand how they (big label EDM) recruit talents, because I see a lot of great people just submit via e-mail like [email protected] and just ignore it.

They listen to submitted works on a certain day when the team comes together. But you got to get their attention in like the first 10 seconds. What you did with the Adrenal, that part with that stretching sound, is amazing. If you can develop that further, and I mean really develop that for a couple of weeks/months and then submit it, I think you might be on to something.

But only submit your best work. They get a lot of crap sent, half-worked out things. It's best to create something like 3 minutes, that is worked out perfectly. than a whole album full of random stuff.

You got something unique in you.

And don't worry about being influenced or something. Skrillex, Sonny, was influenced by Noisia, and pretty much copied their early style.

Last edited:
You have a excellent feeling for music/composition! Instant TWFH feeling.
But you should work on your mock up skills, it feels like a lot of flat cc lines, the orchestra needs more to breath.
The flutes are beautiful!

Good epic feeling! Here's what I think can improve your piece:

The flute sounds too quiet. Maybe use some mixing to give it more presence. The modulation sounds odd to me, because by changing the key you've also changed the feel of the piece. That's not to say modulation should never be used, but I think a change of key should have enough "reason" behind it, for example a series of chord changes which leads to the dominant (V chord) of the destination key. This provides the harmonic drive to modulation. The percussion sounds good, really powerful. I think adding more "round robin" stuff will make it even better. Perhaps the snare can be attenuated at first half of the piece, and become more and more prominent later on, to achieve a buildup.

They listen to submitted works on a certain day when the team comes together. But you got to get their attention in like the first 10 seconds. What you did with the Adrenal, that part with that stretching sound, is amazing. If you can develop that further, and I mean really develop that for a couple of weeks/months and then submit it, I think you might be on to something.

But only submit your best work. They get a lot of crap sent, half-worked out things. It's best to create something like 3 minutes, that is worked out perfectly. than a whole album full of random stuff.

You got something unique in you.

And don't worry about being influenced or something. Skrillex, Sonny, was influenced by Noisia, and pretty much copied their early style.

Now, I got enlightenment! Thanks :)

Yes, I know Noisia that started it, but people says Skrillex still king :D

You have a excellent feeling for music/composition! Instant TWFH feeling.
But you should work on your mock up skills, it feels like a lot of flat cc lines, the orchestra needs more to breath.
The flutes are beautiful!

Ah ok, I will do that in the future!. Anyway what's winds library recommend by you? Thanks!

Good epic feeling! Here's what I think can improve your piece:

The flute sounds too quiet. Maybe use some mixing to give it more presence. The modulation sounds odd to me, because by changing the key you've also changed the feel of the piece. That's not to say modulation should never be used, but I think a change of key should have enough "reason" behind it, for example a series of chord changes which leads to the dominant (V chord) of the destination key. This provides the harmonic drive to modulation. The percussion sounds good, really powerful. I think adding more "round robin" stuff will make it even better. Perhaps the snare can be attenuated at first half of the piece, and become more and more prominent later on, to achieve a buildup.
Hmm I got something, I'll try in future. Thanks man! :)

Top Bottom