What's new

I wrote a support mail to NI...

Dynamitec

Hi everybody!

I wrote a long email to the support of NI.

I translated the important points (i wrote the email in german):

1) KSP:CPU Problem with editor. And the point with the bad reputation scripts could get.
2) Bug with (1=1) found by Nils
3) Bug with non closed loops mentioned by Nils
4) Kontakt Browser crashes (on my machine) when opening a directory with a lot of files (for example the KSP Guitar samples)
5) I requested following features:
5.1) Masterscript
5.2) Global variables for all instruments to communicate between them
5.2) Mutlidimensional arrays
5.3) Open file, write to file etc. so KSP would be able to read / write files
5.4) UI textfield to name presets etc.
5.5) Mapping via KSP

And i told them what users think of their support and how they care about their users. I told them a lot of those points i already wrote here in the "Keeping track of samples being played?" thread. And i asked them if someone from NI sometimes look into this forum.

I hope i'll get a answer. I wrote very friendly and kind. I don't like this "give me this feature or i sell kontakt" attitude i often find on the NI forum.

Edit: and i requested a bug and feature-wishlist with the priority NI will take care about. I told them, that it is not important they do bugfixes from one day to another. I told them it is important that users want to have the feeling to be heard by NI. And not to be ignored. A list with bugs and features could be a step in the right direction.

i dont want to take your illusions, but i think such mails are being sent to NI every day ... and i guess it will be a couple of hundred :)

Hi Dynamitec,
Thanks for taking the time. NI doesn't have a good record of dealing with problems in a timely manner, but one more report is always better than no one at all. :smile:
I'm a bit uncertain of some of your suggestions, but hey we all think a little differently, right. Eg. instead of global variables I'd like it better with something like the _get_engine_param but where you pass the script slot and variable as param and get the value of it. I'm not too much for globalness and masterscripts, but I'd love to see something in between - being able to group a couple of instruments together and run scripts on that level. I would love it if NI did something like Vienna Instruments with an additional possibility to script the articulation switching.
In general I think Kontakt could benefit a lot from a better mapping UI and two additional levels of hiearchy: groups of groups (or "group folders") and instrument groups and being able to run scripts on both of those levels, or at least the higher level.

Cheers,
Nils

Hi Nils! If i could group some instruments and run a script on this group level hehe than i don't need globals or a masterscript :)

Edit:
To be honest: I didn't thought about how useful it would be to group some instruments! Of course, this would be great! There wouldn't be needs for globals or a masterscript. Because what i wanted to do with "globals" or the "masterscript" is grouping some instruments :) Think about my strings-and-different instruments problem i recently asked here.

Top Bottom