What's new

I think I am getting better:)

My comments are based on your style and what you've posted in the past-I think 1:11 to 1:30 isn't coherent. Your tune doesn't need all of those sounds if you ask me. Dial it back and make it simpler.

Here is something I think you should mess with:

Take your note sequence which I personally think is nice because it's simple and easy to remember.
C-D-Eb-Ab-G

Play the EXACT same notes over a different chord. Let's say F minor, that was one of your second chords.

Mess around with playing the same notes but on different chords, pick a Bb major, Ab major, Eb major....listen to the effects of playing those notes over it.

Do this one, play your sequence as you have it and then switch to G minor and then use the Notes G-A-Bb-Eb-D. Those are the same steps as your theme there but starting on a different note, aka a sequence.

Another idea:
Take two of your notes Ab to G. Put them in the background in various places, it's a minor 2nd interval. Drop min 2nds around in the background.

I could hear fragmenting your melody to build up to your climax, just use two of the notes Ab to G and move through harmonies/chords faster (instead of one chord change per measure, maybe two). Heck that could be your "B" section. Short but sweet.

This could be a nice catchy song but you have to get out the scissors :)
I think I'm done wasting my time is what I think...

Just wanted to say you haven't wasted your time, that long post has some great recommendations for stuff that I can try the next time I feel stuck on a track. When you're giving feedback to someone, not only that person profits, many others that often stay silent will do too! Thanks!

Just wanted to say you haven't wasted your time, that long post has some great recommendations for stuff that I can try the next time I feel stuck on a track. When you're giving feedback to someone, not only that person profits, many others that often stay silent will do too! Thanks!

That is true, but I can understand that this can be also a bit frustrating for people to take time into listening to others members music and writing a longer thoughtful feedback and then getting reactions like from Mad (which he seems to do often). It is good that feedback is of benefit to others, so there I have to agree. Anyways now he posted another track and created a 2nd thread for that same track too. Thats where I start to loose focus. I could give him feedback for this new track or I can think: Hm, maybe I let him go with the feedback he got here already and it is up to himself what he makes out it.

That is true, but I can understand that this can be also a bit frustrating for people to take time into listening to others members music and writing a longer thoughtful feedback and then getting reactions like from Mad (which he seems to do often). It is good that feedback is of benefit to others, so there I have to agree. Anyways now he posted another track and created a 2nd thread for that same track too. Thats where I start to loose focus. I could give him feedback for this new track or I can think: Hm, maybe I let him go with the feedback he got here already and it is up to himself what he makes out it.

I think some of you misunderstood my last post yesterday:)

I am greatfull for the feedback and I will take it with me to my next track. But I feel I am "loosing" the track a bit if I can not work with it contiounisly. If I stop a couple of days then I feel I loose it and have to be finished.

So thats why I dont make any changes now to "Chiamote Sunja".

Sorry if you felt wasting your time, you did not :)

i agree with Alexander. Its a bit of a chaos. take some time to develop a main motif and getting it in the listeners head instead of changing the melody that much.

I listened to your first few tracks posted and with this one also, I'd say you've got a good ear for catchy melodies.

I think some of you misunderstood my last post yesterday:)

I am greatfull for the feedback and I will take it with me to my next track. But I feel I am "loosing" the track a bit if I can not work with it contiounisly. If I stop a couple of days then I feel I loose it and have to be finished.

So thats why I dont make any changes now to "Chiamote Sunja".

Sorry if you felt wasting your time, you did not :)

No its all good :) just continue and work on that.

Top Bottom