What's new

I rescore Avengers fight scene

I am one of those who are amazed by the music of Tom and Jerry, and similar cartoons that don't have much dialogue and are only supported by very good background music. I tried to do this to one of the Avengers scenes. I cut and just took a scene without dialogue and then tried to make funny music to support it.
I don't edit films to fit music, but I do the opposite. So first I did the tempo mapping with the scenes and sketched with the piano then applied the entire orchestra into it. I made the music in this original video myself with a few references and what you hear directly from the library without mixing or mastering.
I really appreciate every criticism for me even better going forward.

Nb : You can find out which patch I am using and get midi files and stems by supporting my patreon. Thank you

Last edited:

I am one of those who are amazed by the music of Tom and Jerry, and similar cartoons that don't have much dialogue and are only supported by very good background music. I tried to do this to one of the Avengers scenes. I cut and just took a scene without dialogue and then tried to make funny music to support it.
I don't edit films to fit music, but I do the opposite. So first I did the tempo mapping with the scenes and sketched with the piano then applied the entire orchestra into it. I made the music in this original video myself with a few references and what you hear directly from the library without mixing or mastering.
I really appreciate every criticism for me even better going forward

This was fantastic. I don’t have any criticism really, just admiration for the skills you are displaying here. So many little details - must have taken a big effort to put together. :thumbsup:

When I saw the thread title I rolled my eyes, but holy shit this is brilliant! I laughed out loud, thanks for that.

This is a must watch/listen. Great work.

The only thing that was slightly weird to me, is (I think) that the action of a Tom&Jerry cartoon is rather different (focus, speed), which makes this scene feel a bit sluggish by comparison. Just shows the genius of Tom & Jerry.

Brilliant. Was sure I'd sigh at this when I saw the title but this is absolutely brilliant. Already sent this to several friends and rewatched several times!

Lol, finally some fitting music for MCU, well done.

This will go viral. :laugh:

Man, how can you post anything here without a list of libraries used? :grin:

Last edited:

I really appreciate every criticism for me even better going forward

Brilliant rescoring! Please make more of these :)

Wow! Thank you very much for your appreciation and input. I hope I can be more trained and become a good composer like all of you.

This is a must watch/listen. Great work.

The only thing that was slightly weird to me, is (I think) that the action of a Tom&Jerry cartoon is rather different (focus, speed), which makes this scene feel a bit sluggish by comparison. Just shows the genius of Tom & Jerry.

I agree. I did force this so that the music entered the Tom & Jerry theme. In the end it's just a fun thing to challenge me personally :)

Lol, finally some fitting music for MCU, well done.

This will go viral. :laugh:

Man, how can you post anything here without a list of libraries used? :grin:

I'm sorry, I explained it in the video description but not here. I only focused on using library from east west (even though I have a library from another developer) because later I will give the midi file and the list of patches that I use to people who want to be my patron on my patreon page.
(My Patreon is focused on maximizing composer cloud users who might not be able to buy other great libraries)

Here is library I use :
EW Hollywood Orchestra
EW Stormdrum 2
EW Stormdrum 3
EWQL Symphony Orchestra
EW Ministry of Rock II

I'm sorry, I explained it in the video description but not here. I only focused on using library from east west (even though I have a library from another developer) because later I will give the midi file and the list of patches that I use to people who want to be my patron on my patreon page.
(My Patreon is focused on maximizing composer cloud users who might not be able to buy other great libraries)

Here is library I use :
EW Hollywood Orchestra
EW Stormdrum 2
EW Stormdrum 3
EWQL Symphony Orchestra
EW Ministry of Rock II
Stupid me, should have looked at the description there. Thx.

This is awesome!

I laughed out loud at the tamtam hit. This kind of track would take me ages to put together.

Okay. I laughed out loud. This was wery inwentive. How can anyone say this was lacking in effort? Not on-genre, but something to stimulate the composer mind. Good job.

What thing did I just click on?

Greg

Top Bottom