What's new

I reimagined the theme to GAME OF THRONES - used an old voice memo tape recorder!

beyd770

Thanks! That's kind of you to ask. I just whipped this up for ya:

Hope it's fun and interesting for you!

And lastly, I added a timeline for you on the YouTube description (so you can skim through the main points), but here it is in case you want to watch on here:

HIGHLIGHTED TIMELINE

0:35 - Atmos sounds are just my jacket sleeves rubbing against each other.
2:00 - What the piano does
2:47 - What pianos I used (and a synth that supported those pianos)
3:39 - Tangerine Dream-type synth sounds
4:12 - Explaining involvement with sample library, Output, and how that's connected with the sounds I make.
4:45 - Vocals and what they do
5:43 - Booms from audio imperia added weight to the track
6:22 - White noise risers
6:55 - Acoustic guitars tracked with a tape recorder
7:21 - Some of this track has an interesting 90's music vibe to it. I thought it was cool that it could fit in this vibe.
7:45 - The power of the Lacrimosa choirs adds some meat and heft to this track. I changed the syllables every few minutes
8:20 - Incoherent and non-essential yelling into the microphone
8:38 - Oceania accents the main theme
9:05 - A synth I made on zebra became an essential part of the atmospheric effects. Especially because it has a bunch of high end frequencies that filled the air.
10:04 - Live trumpet (which I can't actually play) adds more atmospheric vibes.
10:42 - I incorporated a "Drag Bass," which pop music uses, to give this a minimal bass sound. Just continuing to fill the frequencies.
11:20 - "Rubberband" Zebra patch that I made really adds some crunch to a track, just like the rippiness of a brass instrument might add if you were playing it loud enough.
12:18 - Synthesizer that supports the main theme that the violins play.
12:50 - Live strings played by Joni Fuller.
13:50 - Live strings with no FX applied.
14:25 - Live strings in context with FX applied.
14:57 - Female-sounding vocals combined with male-sounding vocals give the track a haunting vibe.
15:41 - Added organ to give it some beefy airiness.
16:20 - Haunting vocals to end this thing.
16:31 - Trying to find earlier versions of this track to see how it evolved.
Omg, what an answer! Thank you sooo much! Gonna study the heck out of this thing.

Top Bottom