What's new

I paid ~$1200.00 for Hollwood Strings and apparently I have to buy Gold if I want to save HDD space

SimonCharlesHanna

So I know East West are basically a joke sample company now, but this is literally the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

They want me to pay for an inferior version to save hard drive space.

has anyone got any sort of work around?

If I understand well, you bought a sample library bigger than the capacity of your hard drive, and you trash the company for it ?
nope. I have space.

The space the extra mics take up are not worth it for me.
upload_2018-11-20_21-46-58.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-20_21-46-26.png
    upload_2018-11-20_21-46-26.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 8
  • upload_2018-11-20_21-46-29.png
    upload_2018-11-20_21-46-29.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
It's the mic positions that add to the gigabyte amount but ill have a look n see if it helps.

Having both 16 and 24 bit samples takes up more unnecessary space than just the mic positions, as all samples (including mic positions) would be doubled in that case (of cause in lower size for 16 bit though). If you only use one, having both would be your biggest waste as far as i am concerned. Wether you can actually remove them, i have no idea but it is worth a try.

Delete the mics you don't need? I don't see the problem.
Say you wanted to delete the vintage mics..
P8rz4Ts.png

It's the mic positions that add to the gigabyte amount but ill have a look n see if it helps.

its not the mic positions only. there is also quite a difference between 16/24 bit samples.
your best bet is really to delete some mic positions. I personally only use the main and close mics tbh.

but I agree with you. as a diamond owner you should be able to use the lower tier products aswell.

I've got diamond HS which has only 24 bit samples, and gold has only 16 bit samples. Are you saying platinum has both? That's a little weird. But the library is huge and it's because of all the mics.

I moved close and mid mics to my work drive, and kept all the other mics on a separate drive. Worked fine.

I don't understand why the pickyness towards Simon? Think deleting the mic options suggestion is a good one, but otherwise I think it is actually a fair point to ask the developer if he can access a slimmed down version, specially if you paid the full price. If the product would be different I would understand, but as it is the same library and it costs them nothing as it has a download option.

So... The Chevy Suburban takes up too much room in your garage. WTF's wrong with the dealership that they won't give you a Chevy Cruze for free.
Yeah...that's the same.

And I am not really wanting to pay 200+ after shipping and conversion rates to half fill a 1tb SSD with HWStrings.

....which is exactly what I am doing right now.

upload_2018-11-21_0-24-48.png

Last edited:
I don't understand why the pickyness towards Simon? Think deleting the mic options suggestion is a good one, but otherwise I think it is actually a fair point to ask the developer if he can access a slimmed down version, specially if you paid the full price. If the product would be different I would understand, but as it is the same library and it costs them nothing as it has a download option.
I think it's coz I came out swinging.

Top Bottom