What's new

I have Requiem and Voxos - do I really need Dominus Pro?

The ONLY thing I don't like about DP is - is it 'too large'? I miss the detail a smaller group would give. Using closer mics will help but I am not certain that would get me there. Any owners care to weigh in on this issue?

(this project would be closest to 'Faye's Will' demo on their site. I just feel the choir is too big in that use - like it is fighting what it really is - an epic trailer and large orchestration library.)

Well, the original Dominus is at least excellent. (planning to get the Pro update withing a couple of weeks)

But I think you could think also check out Tari's Cantus and Mystica for that smaller sound. Mystica is especially excellent and my go-to for smaller female choirs.

Well, the original Dominus is at least excellent. (planning to get the Pro update withing a couple of weeks)

But I think you could think also check out Tari's Cantus and Mystica for that smaller sound. Mystica is especially excellent and my go-to for smaller female choirs.
Cool - big fan of Tari's work. Thanks.

I feel that Cantus and Mystica are aging quite a bit, especially the legatos. But you can get some nice sounds.

With Dominus Pro, I find the close mics provide a surprisingly clean and detailed sound and you could always dial back the reverb. Also playing with the spaced keyboard layout may help.

Top Bottom