What's new

I am SO Disappointed !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeloKeyz

Yes, I AM A HUGE Procrastinator!!
I am so angry right now because We, the VST buyers, pay from our hard earned money to both support developers and enjoy their products. It's so unfair to know that there are couple of VST torrents sites out there that giveaway precious sample libraries for free and unfortunately it works. And they are up to date with the newest products. Give me a break! Until today, I invested on VST/Libs for over 20K and then someone else grabs all these for FREEE?! These sites must be STOPPED.

Sorry guys for the post but I am so so upset and disappointed. I am not gonna paste these sites here to avoid rules violation so search them yourself.

The equally disappointing aspect is what a total waste of time it is to hunt down such things and then for the owner to DMCA them and get them removed. But if you don't they start turning up in google searches...

Also worth saying: when you BUY a plugin, sounds, presets etc you are also buying a license to use the products to legitimately create and sell your work using them. Without that license whatever work is created could be DMCA'd, which would be a fairly rapid way to terminate a career.

I am so angry right now because We, the VST buyers, pay from our hard earned money to both support developers and enjoy their products. It's so unfair to know that there are couple of VST torrents sites out there that giveaway precious sample libraries for free and unfortunately it works. And they are up to date with the newest products. Give me a break! Until today, I invested on VST/Libs for over 20K and then someone else grabs all these for FREEE?! These sites must be STOPPED.

Sorry guys for the post but I am so so upset and disappointed. I am not gonna paste these sites here to avoid rules violation so search them yourself.
I mean, this has always been an issue. Here in Serbia, where I'm from, people look at me weird when I say I buy my libraries/plugins. It's a really messed up world 🤷🏻‍♂️

The equally disappointing aspect is what a total waste of time it is to hunt down such things
I didn't hunt them down! I just found them by accident.

Without that license whatever work is created could be DMCA'd, which would be a fairly rapid way to terminate a career.
Music libraries asks if the samples are a buyout but they don't ask the proof of their purchase. How will they know if they are legitimate or pirated? I am very curious to know!

I didn't hunt them down! I just found them by accident.

And now you know they are out there you can set up Google Alerts to find them as soon as they are posted and DMCA them! Boring waste of time but unfortunately necessary...

If you're using them for commercial projects you'll likely be audited in one way or another, so it won't work.

It's interesting how these days with Netflix and Spotify etc, it's so cheap and convenient that there doesn't seem to be the need for piracy as much, at least what I hear anecdotally.

Makes me appreciate VSL's dongle system though!

Where have you been? Very old news. Last I heard/saw it was shifting for the better, although still not good...sites were making you pay to get into the site to download stuff vs just free and open.

I doubt piracy will go away any time soon, but it does seem to be shrinking.

Where have you been? Very old news.
Believe it or not! It's the first time to know that VST can be pirated. Last time I knew about torrents, they were movies, mp3 or even Windows that were pirated but VSTs?!!!!!!!

I thought about this for a long time before committing to purchase libraries late last year and have since spent over $9000 on them. Two most important things to put me at ease were:
  • If I have spent money on something, the likelihood of using and appreciating that item increases exponentially. I understood this from years of buying synth hardware and making recordings with that.
  • The likelihood of getting continued updates, direct feedback support and better products from trusted library developers in the future is greatly increased by supporting them financially.
I also do not trust torrent websites, nor how often my ISP is monitoring my network activity. The odds of staying safe from cybercriminals are much greater by keeping out of nefarious whereabouts.

Nice click-baity thread title btw.

Believe it or not! It's the first time to know that VST can be pirated. Last time I knew about torrents, they were movies, mp3 or even Windows that were pirated but VSTs?!!!!!!!
Why would that be any different? It's just software. So easy to copy and distribute. And as much as I hate ilok, I get the reasons for it (and Native Access etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom