What's new

HS Very Low Volume

I've been playing with HS for a few months and have decided to get seriously into the manual. If I don't use any of the controllers in the Piano Roll view it works fine. When I set up Modulation and Expression at about 70 the volume disappears almost entirely and only becomes audible if I jack up the main volume or expression. What am I doing wrong? I've used Vienna Instruments for years and never had this sort of this happen.

Logic Pro X, 3.06 GHz Intel Mac, 12 gig memory, High Sierra 10.13.6

If you’re using the niente patches, you need to control the volume with the mod wheel. Place a MIDI event at the start of the track, as this will reset the CC values for these patches. Look up the niente patch info in the manual, there’s a lot of great info there.

Place a MIDI event at the start of the track, as this will reset the CC values for these patches.
How do people actually do this? I never do this, i am just aware
of what i have to do to get the sound but i see people putting some
messages on the beginning. What is usually there?

Usually I’ll just record a very short modulation curve (with mod wheel) that goes from say, 1 to 20 and back to zero, especially if it’s a patch like those mentioned. I use key switch resets a lot when using Sonokinetic stuff. There are many different methods. Look up midi flags on YouTube. Here’s a good one....

If you’re using the niente patches, you need to control the volume with the mod wheel. Place a MIDI event at the start of the track, as this will reset the CC values for these patches. Look up the niente patch info in the manual, there’s a lot of great info there.
Thanks, Jeremy. I think I've been trying to use Expression for instruments in which both vol. and vib. are controlled with CC1. Thanks for the tip on Niente patches. I've been looking more closely at the manual. It's not so much that the info isn't there as that there's so much that I'm not ready to use yet.

Top Bottom