How to unload an instance of Kontakt 5 in Cubase 8 ?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT: Sampling, Programming & Scripting' started by bcarwell, Nov 8, 2018.

1. bcarwell

bcarwell Senior Member

Oct 20, 2011
    The title says it all and yes, I feel really dense, but after all I'm a newb. I have googled, looked in the manuals, etc. Note I don't want to unload an instrument or library in Kontakt but rather unload the Kontakt instance itself so it doesn't show up in my project as if I'd never loaded it in the first place.

And while I'm at it, if I do unload the Kontakt does that automatically purge all the instruments/samples I have loaded into it ?

Thanks for any pity and help.

Bob

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon KSP Wizard

May 25, 2010
    Croatia
  3. TheUnfinished

TheUnfinished Senior Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Right-click on the channel you have Kontakt in and select Delete Channel. And it will all be gone.

4. brenneisen

brenneisen Senior Member

Feb 23, 2017
  5. OP
    OP
    bcarwell

bcarwell Senior Member

Oct 20, 2011
    TheUnfinished: I never see a "Delete Channel". Can you be more specific as to where the "channel" is that Kontakt is in ? When I click on the ins and outs in the Inspector all I see is an option for "Not Connected" but no "Delete Channel" and not even a "No VST Instrument"

Brenneisen: Similarly when I go in the Inspector per your video when I click on Kontakt 5 I don't see No VST Instrument. I just see a "Not Connected" option

The only thing I can get to work is to left click on a Kontakt instrument in the Rack and select "NoVST Instrument" and it disappears as I desired.

Bob

brenneisen likes this.
  6. brenneisen

brenneisen Senior Member

Feb 23, 2017
    what type of track are you using to "host" kontakt?

7. Dirk Ehlert

Dirk Ehlert Dirk Ehlert

Apr 17, 2011
    USA
    The video shows what is happening when you load Kontakt as a track instrument (upper part of the VSTi window). In this case, instrument and midi channel are the same and you can delete per what is shown in the video. In your configuration it looks like you have loaded as a Rack Instrument, which means Midi Channel and Instrument are two different (but connected) entities. So when you delete the midi channel the Instrument stays loaded (and you could create a new midi channel and reroute it to the existing Kontakt instance). In this case you neede to delete the Kontakt instance from the inhstrument rack itself to unload.

8. OP
    OP
    bcarwell

bcarwell Senior Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Brenneisen- To creat the Kontakt instance, I go into the Rack and click on "Rack Instruments", I then click on "Kontakt 5", and a prompt comes up "Do you want to create a MIDI track assigned to the Kontakt plugin", and I select "Create". So in answer to your question I guess it is a MIDI track hosting the thus created Kontakt instance. And the only way I've now found to UNinstall the Kontakt is to go back into the Rack as per above and select "No VST".

Bob