What's new

How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

Jediwario1

Composer
The soundtrack for the third and final film in the series is now out. Yet again John Powell knocks it out of the park. A nice mixture of old themes and great new ones. Also the mixing is fantastic especially the choir.

After my first listen through my favorite track is "The Hidden World".

It's now time for me to purchase all three soundtracks on CD.

I won't link the soundtrack here but a simple search on YouTube will bring it up, and if you don't have time to listen to the full thing there's a 6:41 suite (also on YouTube).

dcoscina

The soundtrack for the third and final film in the series is now out. Yet again John Powell knocks it out of the park. A nice mixture of old themes and great new ones. Also the mixing is fantastic especially the choir.

After my first listen through my favorite track is "The Hidden World".

It's now time for me to purchase all three soundtracks on CD.

I won't link the soundtrack here but a simple search on YouTube will bring it up, and if you don't have time to listen to the full thing there's a 6:41 suite (also on YouTube).
Yes it’s quite exquisite. I’d say more concert like orchestral than film score which is a good thing. The hidden world is indeed a powerful and emotive theme.

reutunes

Shame about the sound balance in the actual film. All of the HTTYD movies seem to mix the score very quietly against the SFX and dialogue.

Guy Rowland

Shame about the sound balance in the actual film. All of the HTTYD movies seem to mix the score very quietly against the SFX and dialogue.
Yes, noticed this too. It's an oddly conservative mix, consistent across the trilogy. Speaks volumes that despite being almost buried entirely at times, it still has impact. When the main theme kicks in towards the denouement of the Hidden World, it's simply as good as cinema gets. Bravo John Powell.

MrLinssi

A glorified bedroom musician.
I only recently watched the first movie and Mr. Powell's score was indeed spectacular.

miket

I haven't seen any of these movies yet, but Powell's scores are *really* impressive.

Symfoniq

I haven't seen any of these movies yet, but Powell's scores are *really* impressive.
These are the kinds of scores (a la "Star Wars") that really make the movies even better. My children love the HTTYD scores at least as much as the films themselves, which is saying something.

miket

I do get the impression that the movies are a cut above the usual stuff, yeah. Plus, I know Powell is really selective about what he does. They must have some merit.

Top Bottom