1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to stop Logic creating project sub-folders?

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by whinecellar, Jan 11, 2018.

1. whinecellar

whinecellar Jim Daneker

Hey Guys,

Wondering if anyone knows a way to stop Logic from always creating these subfolders:

Freeze Files
    Sampler Instruments
    Samples

...I always save Projects in 'Folder' format rather than 'Package' and the only box I check is 'Audio Files' as far as keeping assets with the project... yet in the Finder, Logic always creates the above folders and they are never used.

Not the end of the world, it would just be nice to reduce clutter and have only relevant files in a project folder for organization's sake.

Thoughts?

2. robh

robh Senior Member

I just ran a test, and with only the audio files box checked, it only generated the Audio Files folder. IIRC the Freeze Files folder only gets generated after you freeze your first track.

I suspect it's a corrupt pref file.

Rob

whinecellar likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    whinecellar

whinecellar Jim Daneker

Interesting - thanks Rob. I keep a clean copy of my prefs file but it goes back a few subreleases - I'll try trashing prefs and rebuilding them in my current version and see if that helps.

4. OP
    OP
    whinecellar

whinecellar Jim Daneker

OK, with totally fresh prefs, Logic still creates a "Freeze Files" folder within project folders, even though I don't ever use the freeze function. In fact, I've never used that function in 25 years of Logic use. Weird...

5. miket

miket Senior Member

May 17, 2016
    It's not a bug, unless we both have it!

6. OP
    OP
    whinecellar

whinecellar Jim Daneker

So does that mean you have this issue too? For whatever reason even with fresh prefs, Logic still creates all 3 unneeded folders for me no matter what I do!

7. miket

miket Senior Member

May 17, 2016
    Yep, I have the issue as well.

whinecellar likes this.
  8. luke_7

luke_7 Senior Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I always get only two things

Audio Files
    Freeze Files

EL Capitan10.11.6 / logic 10.3.3.

Attached Files:

9. Ashermusic

Ashermusic Senior Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I have seen this issue at times where it saves sub-folders I did not ask it to save.

whinecellar likes this.