What's new

How to share desktop and stream DAW audio through Skype.....

Hello Anami.

A question for you if you have time....
I tried Facetime but I cant figure out how to set up the audio with Loopback.
I use the same loopback setup as I use with Skype but on Facetime I cant hear the student...
You can find the settings you have to use on the website of loopback. They show very quickly how to set up. :emoji_thumbsup:

I've also been trying to figure out how to stream sound from my DAW session live through Skype or Zoom.

Conceptually Voicemeter Banana should work, and it does, as long as I am using (say) a Media player to play my audio files (latency can crop up though). But I get a bad robotic kind of sound when the sound source is my mic going through my daw, especially with any effects added.

Zoom looks very promising with its feature of Share Screen with audio.
But strangely while it allows me to share the DAW screen in real time it doesn't capture audio. This does not happen if I am sharing a regular audio file in a media player. Still trying to figure it out.

Will try out the other links posted here and report back. Hopefully there is a simpler way of getting this done.

I tried Audiomover and anydesk for screensharing. The quality is very good and it is easy to use.
I also tried Audiomover for a week and it works very well. But its not free.

I try now a free solution with Voicemeter VBAN and an UDP stream between two studios over internet (PCM 16bits 48KHz). It works, I have to check now the stability over a long period.

I've also been trying to figure out how to stream sound from my DAW session live through Skype or Zoom.

Conceptually Voicemeter Banana should work, and it does, as long as I am using (say) a Media player to play my audio files (latency can crop up though). But I get a bad robotic kind of sound when the sound source is my mic going through my daw, especially with any effects added.

But strangely while it allows me to share the DAW screen in real time it doesn't capture audio. This does not happen if I am sharing a regular audio file in a media player. Still trying to figure it out.

Will try out the other links posted here and report back. Hopefully there is a simpler way of getting this done.
Premjj I using Zoom and to stream daw ableton via Voicemeter as well. streaming sound from any app in pc is ok but except the DAW No sound??. could You advice me how is your solution

thanks!
jjb

You have to select VoiceMeterVAIO or VoiceMeterAUX (my choice) input device in your DAW settings.
On VoiceMeter Banana GUI, you have to enable the A1 mixer for both VoiceMeterVAIO or VoiceMeterAUX section... A1 output should be your Audio Hardware interface (with ASIO driver low latency).
To minimize latency and avoid some "robotics" effect, all your interfaces should used the same format (24bit/48kHz for example)
You can check my VoiceMeter setting in this thread : https://vi-control.net/community/threads/share-stream-daw-audio-free.92298/

hi lllico your solution looks sophisticated than my requirement especially vban part. i bit novice to know the application of that yet :P i just try to live my DAW sound to Zoom or Voip chat program for my piano teacher and discover to use virtual audio like voicemeter

my Voicemeter setup is done the same as you. i manage to hear everything ok from speaker but the only issue is the Zoom part. when enable "share computer sound" in Zoom , only DAW is silent at participants' end.

at Zoom i select all possibility speaker/mic but not success. sorry if it turns to be Zoom topic

Ableton output is
1590639830001.png

my Voicemeter setting A1 out is Focusrite Audio interface
1590639769217.png

my Zoom
1590639227148.png

Any suggestion? please..
Thanks
JJB

You need to manage two outputs in Voicemeter. They are labeled as A1 and B1.

A1 (Physical Output) decides what YOU hear yourself (meaning through headphones or monitors or computer speakers) and B1 (Virtual Output) decides the final output which Voicemeter sends out to applications that are using it as the preferred audio driver.

Please remember that A1 and B1 outputs will represent the SUM of all inputs you would have assigned inside Voicemeter till now.

So for Zoom (or any similar VOIP software like Skype) to hear the combined output from your mic as well as your DAW (and also any other app like a browser or media player) you will need to select Voicemeter both as your output and input.

Think of it this way. All the mixing and matching of outputs is being done inside Voicemeter. You now have the option of hearing it yourself (Use A1 output) or sending it to someone (use B1, which is a virtual output)

Hope this is clear.

Do spend time on the manual. It may take an extra read or two but it will really clear up scenarios for you.

I tried going with some YouTube tutorials initially and clicked on the ones that seemed to have higher views but they were not comprehensive. And I realised what was missing only when I went through the manual later.

..you will need to select Voicemeter both as your output and input.
Think of it this way. All the mixing and matching of outputs is being done inside Voicemeter.
Yes, I agree, now all your applications (Zoom) shoud used VoiceMeeter B1 (VAOI) input and ouputs.
Also check that on your Windows sound parameters you select VoiceMeeter as default I/O.
Also check that VoiceMeeter Menu -> System Tray (Run at startup) is enabled.

Then on your VoiceMeeter B2 DAW channel (see your attachment png), you have to enable B1 output.
Note: On my settings I manually enable B1 for Zoom or B2 for VBAN, on my png attachment there were disabled.

Also check that on your Windows sound parameters you select VoiceMeeter as default I/O.
Also check that VoiceMeeter Menu -> System Tray (Run at startup) is enabled.

Thank you for adding these. They are important steps that I missed mentioning in my post.

May I add here that you can have multiple audio drivers enabled inside your system simultaneously. But only one can be selected as default. In case you are using Voicemeter then that needs to be the default.

For eg. I have 2 sets of audio drivers activated right now. One for my audio interface which allows it to capture audio which comes in through the XLR microphone. The other is Voicemeter related drivers which allow all software applications (such as Skype, DAW, VLC Player etc.) to talk to each other and also be managed inside the VB interface.

Also, I have disabled the default windows audio drivers (Realtek) because I never use them. It does not affect Voicemeter's functioning in any way.

Last edited:
Hi Folk
My DAW can now route to Zoom with the supports of this nice community. Thanks to lllico/premjj. solution is setting Zoom mic to VoiceMeeter Output ( not sure it called B1 or B2 )

Last notice, in voiceMeeter A1 output i have to choose MME because other driver causing small pop sound even ASIO when playback in DAW. I wish I could use ASIO/WMD because lower latency. Anyway i bear with it for now.
1591631897532.png

Cheers and stay healthy
JJB

I'm in a similar situation regarding Zoom. If I share screen and audio the other participant can see my screen and hear, what I play in YouTube. But all other sound sources like Windows Media Player, Cubase, Kontakt Standalone and Dorico don't work.

Has someone an explanation or solution for that problem?

I'm in a similar situation regarding Zoom. If I share screen and audio the other participant can see my screen and hear, what I play in YouTube. But all other sound sources like Windows Media Player, Cubase, Kontakt Standalone and Dorico don't work.

Has someone an explanation or solution for that problem?
I use listento + OBS to broadcast everything that comes out of my computer in hi fi audio.
For that, you need to loopback your sound card, route the duplicated output to OBS, and put listento on the OBS output.

Top Bottom