What's new

How to recreate this guitar sound ?

maxdaved

Hey folks,
I'm looking to find someone who can tell me what sound this is.
I can heart that there are some Guitar Strings" involved but I never heard something similar in a track.
I hope you can help me.

Attachments

• untitled - Sound 2.mp3
    80.4 KB · Views: 3
  • untitled - Sound 1.mp3
    80.4 KB · Views: 3

nuyo

Maybe with an AMP Emulation. But I can definitely hear another sound. Some Cymbals ? And a low drone sound maybe...

Wedge

Sounds like a distortion pedal, a lot like a Fuzz Face (I personally prefer the distortion of an OCD.) You can also get a pretty similar sound through a solid state amp, it's a lot like my old Peavey amp from childhood using the lead guitar pickup and the lead distortation channel with gain maxed (which is a tone that I wouldn't look for but that's what it reminds me of. That and the neon pink Metal Maniac pedal from DOD I had.) There are other sounds mixed in, there's a bass drone and a cymbol, but I'm assuming you don't care about that. You might want to look at a few amp sims, Amplitube won't get you that sound (it has a great tone and sound but it just won't get that) but Scuffman Amps S-gear, Guitar Rig 6, BIAS AMP, and Peavey Revalver (there's a lot more). might be able too. I haven't used an amp sim in a while so I'm not sure off hand what your best bet would be.

Nico5

Could there also be some manipulation of the attack going on in sound 1? e.g. a gate or some sort of envelope?

nuyo

Sounds like a distortion pedal, a lot like a Fuzz Face (I personally prefer the distortion of an OCD.) You can also get a pretty similar sound through a solid state amp, it's a lot like my old Peavey amp from childhood using the lead guitar pickup and the lead distortation channel with gain maxed (which is a tone that I wouldn't look for but that's what it reminds me of. That and the neon pink Metal Maniac pedal from DOD I had.) There are other sounds mixed in, there's a bass drone and a cymbol, but I'm assuming you don't care about that. You might want to look at a few amp sims, Amplitube won't get you that sound (it has a great tone and sound but it just won't get that) but Scuffman Amps S-gear, Guitar Rig 6, BIAS AMP, and Peavey Revalver (there's a lot more). might be able too. I haven't used an amp sim in a while so I'm not sure off hand what your best bet would be.
I do actually care about the bass part. The guitar chords are playing higher and the cymbal provides the high end. But I would like to know what fills out the pretty solid low end.

Wedge

I do actually care about the bass part. The guitar chords are playing higher and the cymbal provides the high end. But I would like to know what fills out the pretty solid low end.
I'm on a laptop so I can't hear it very well, but sometimes a square wave synth is used to fill in underneath the bass on rock/ metal albums. It's usually somewhat buried in the mix. It's more for bottom end feel than direct sound.

nuyo

I'm on a laptop so I can't hear it very well, but sometimes a square wave synth is used to fill in underneath the bass on rock/ metal albums. It's usually somewhat buried in the mix, more for bottom end feel than direct sound..
To my ears it sounds to organic for a synth.

Kirk1701

The bass is likely a bass guitar through a distorted amp or Sansamp doubled with an analog bass synth like a MiniMoog. That synth is also being run through some sort of distortion/fuzz. Layering is key with rock n roll sounds.

Top Bottom