How to Purge Samples in PLAY

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by garyhiebner, Nov 30, 2017.

1. garyhiebner

garyhiebner Active Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Is there a way to purge samples in PLAY? I've been away from EastWest libraries for a bit, and have mainly been using Kontakt libraries. But have taken the plunge back into EastWest ComposersCloud. I have gotten so used to the purge feature in Kontakt, but can't seem to find how to do it in PLAY. Any help much appreciated.

2. Jerry Growl

Jerry Growl Composing Music in the Plastic Dark Ages

Jul 4, 2017
    Belgium
    There is an option when you go to the Play engine File menu ->below you will find 'Advanced Instrument Properties'.

Next you will see a screen showing all instruments loaded in the Play instance, offering an overview of advanced controls such as tuning (historic, modern, arabic, indian, etc), transpose and other.[​IMG]

There is another tab at the top of this menu 'Sample Purge'. Here you can select which articulations to purge. The Used Memory as shown in the main Player screen will drop. But my free system memory doesn't all add up to that . I think in purge mode a large part of RAM is still reserved by Play. The difference when disabling the instrument track is relatively huge.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018