What's new

How to Install and Get started with VEP 7

amadeus1

Hi guys,

Here's a video on how to get started with Vep 7 if you've never used it before. Goes from downloading the free version of Vep 7 to installation to adding instruments within Vep 7 and playing them, outside of the Cubase daw. A video showing how to connect a slave laptop to Vep 7 will follow shortly getting into the wired connections necessary.

Best,
Bill

Last edited:
Hi Bill,

Thank you for your various postings on VEPro7 - I've found them helpful.

But I am on WIN 10 (1903). I tired downloading the VEPro7 WINDOWS Demo from the VSL site (2 times!) and when I install it, I do not find the Vienna Ensemble Pro Server file installed anywhere.

The stand alone demo runs OK. But I cannot test the use of VEPro7 from within myDAW wihtout getting the server running first.

Has anyone successfully installed the free VEPro7 demo on WINDOWS 10, and manged to get the server running?

Thanks,
Danny

Hi Bill,

But I am on WIN 10 (1903). I tired downloading the VEPro7 WINDOWS Demo from the VSL site (2 times!) and when I install it, I do not find the Vienna Ensemble Pro Server file installed anywhere.

The stand alone demo runs OK. But I cannot test the use of VEPro7 from within myDAW wihtout getting the server running first.

Has anyone successfully installed the free VEPro7 demo on WINDOWS 10, and manged to get the server running?

Thanks,
Danny
Hi Danny,

Possibly, someone in this forum will know the procedure. I would contact [email protected] for immediate help. They're in Austria, so timeframes will vary accordingly.

Best,
Bill

Is there any reason to retain Vienna Ensemble 6.5 once having upgraded to VEPro 7? May I delete VE 6.5 without consequence? (For whatever reason, every time one of my DAWs scans plugins, VE6.5 opens and wants to scan within my scan).

Hi Craig, you can delete it and reinstall it later if you wish. VSL archives previous versions of software for you. Can think of a reason to keep 6.5 unless you run into software incpompatibilies which is unlikely on a mac, more so on a pc. Hope this helps :)

Hi Bill,

Thanks,
Danny
I am not so sure but i think in Demo you only get the Standalone.

Hi Bill,

Thanks,
Danny
You need to run the stand alone demo and then boot up your DAW and use the VE pro plugins to talk to it.

Top Bottom