How to create multiple Kontakt instances automatically ?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT: Sampling, Programming & Scripting' started by bcarwell, Nov 8, 2018.

1. bcarwell

bcarwell Senior Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Is there a way to add multiple instances of Kontakt 5 in Cubase 8 at once, or must you add each one separately, one at a time ?

I know you can create several instrument or midi tracks and specify how many you want, and they will all be created automatically.

But I can't see how to do the same with instances of Kontakt.

Bob

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon KSP Wizard

May 25, 2010
    Croatia
    You might want to direct questions pertaining to using Cubase to the DAW subforum... or Steinberg's own forums, even?

This doesn't really pertain Kontakt, per se, as it can be any plugin in question.

3. labornvain

labornvain Active Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Right click in the track column and select add new instrument. A little pop-up window will open and from there you can select which instrument you want to add and on the left side will be the number of instances that you can set.

4. brenneisen

brenneisen Senior Member

Feb 23, 2017
  5. OP
    OP
    bcarwell

bcarwell Senior Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Thanks to all ! Especially Brenneisen for taking the time for the gif. Nice ! Why can't there be a repository for more of these ???

Turns out my problem was I didn't have "Browse" OFF, so I never saw the selection in Instrument column for "No VST Instrument" which when clicked permits a "Kontakt" selection". Also the "Count" field was obscured with the "Browse" activated. DOH..

Thanks again, guys !

Bob

brenneisen likes this.