What's new

How to create multiple Kontakt instances automatically ?

bcarwell

Is there a way to add multiple instances of Kontakt 5 in Cubase 8 at once, or must you add each one separately, one at a time ?

I know you can create several instrument or midi tracks and specify how many you want, and they will all be created automatically.

But I can't see how to do the same with instances of Kontakt.

Bob

You might want to direct questions pertaining to using Cubase to the DAW subforum... or Steinberg's own forums, even?

This doesn't really pertain Kontakt, per se, as it can be any plugin in question.

Right click in the track column and select add new instrument. A little pop-up window will open and from there you can select which instrument you want to add and on the left side will be the number of instances that you can set.

Thanks to all ! Especially Brenneisen for taking the time for the gif. Nice ! Why can't there be a repository for more of these ???

Turns out my problem was I didn't have "Browse" OFF, so I never saw the selection in Instrument column for "No VST Instrument" which when clicked permits a "Kontakt" selection". Also the "Count" field was obscured with the "Browse" activated. DOH..

Thanks again, guys !

Bob

Top Bottom