What's new

How to avoid Spitfire double articulations?

Wunderhorn

When building my template now for Cubase (moved from Logic) I am setting up expression maps and I notice that sometimes, randomly it seems, two articulations are being selected at once when selecting only one (e.g. Albion V Tundra as well as others.).

This happens with articulations switches via keyswitch as well as with cc32 (and UACC).

Is there a way to disable this nonsense in the instrument itself once and for all? How do you set up your Spitfire articulations without feeling the need to pull out all your hair?

Spitfire instruments select multiple articulations when you press multiple key switches simultaneously. I wouldn't know of another way. I know that our expression maps don't do this (but we're using UACC KS so that's not the same situation anyway). In any case, I hope you get it sorted.

I think this can also sometimes happen if you forget to set the instrument to "Lock to UACC" or "Lock to UACC KS" but send those commands. I have seen this off an on and usually a re-selecting of one of those settings gets it back into shape.

I think this can also sometimes happen if you forget to set the instrument to "Lock to UACC" or "Lock to UACC KS" but send those commands. I have seen this off an on and usually a re-selecting of one of those settings gets it back into shape.
Right, but I did both. Unfortunately, re-selecting does not remedy it.

Spitfire instruments select multiple articulations when you press multiple key switches simultaneously. I wouldn't know of another way. I know that our expression maps don't do this (but we're using UACC KS so that's not the same situation anyway). In any case, I hope you get it sorted.

At no time are there two keyswitches pressed simultaneously. And I am using UACC KS as well.

Ideally I am looking for an option within the instrument (Kontakt wrench) where I can turn off the multiple articulation ability once and for all.

Do you have the UACC ks set to C-2? occasionally spitfire instruments have it set to C-1 mistakenly and it needs to be changed to remain consistent. I have seen the behavior you're describing though, and some combo of changing things and re-sending the switch command clears it up. but its annoying. I don't run into it in the middle of composing though, it seems to be only when I'm testing out setups.

At no time are there two keyswitches pressed simultaneously. And I am using UACC KS as well.

Ideally I am looking for an option within the instrument (Kontakt wrench) where I can turn off the multiple articulation ability once and for all.
as you can imagine we have one or the other client who's using out map with SF instruments. We never had anybody bringing this up. Ever. Ask Spitfire please, I'm curious what this could be. Did you have this in Logic as well?

Right, but I did both. Unfortunately, re-selecting does not remedy it.

Are you talking about the likes of the legato performance patches, where each transition type is its own articulation? If so, you can simply shift click on the articulation (or cmd click, I don’t remember…) and automatic articulation changes will stop and you will have full control via articulation sets.

Speaking only of SCS, I've never had this issue and I use UACC (not keyswitches). It must be something wrong in your setup if it's SCS -- review it again.

Yes this happens to me for no apparent reason. It's very annoying and it is a bug of sorts as I have gone over my KS and they are all in order. It's happened to me since day 1 so it's not a new phenomenon

Yes this happens to me for no apparent reason. It's very annoying and it is a bug of sorts as I have gone over my KS and they are all in order. It's happened to me since day 1 so it's not a new phenomenon
Same. I've given up using expression maps with SCS after wasted hours trying to fix this. Good to know it's not just me or my setup. Will watch this thread with interest.

Top Bottom