What's new

How secure is Bandcamp for artists?!

HarmonyCore

Hey Awesome People,

I wonder if it's time to put my music in Bandcamp and how risky is it since it allows people to download the WAV file and own it forever. What if someone bad took my WAV file and submit it to music library claiming that it's his/her music. And all that for only $1 or more?! What do you guys think?

Bandcamp is the best streaming platform. The most fair for the artists.
You can set it up to be downloadable or not, your choice.
Anyhow if thieves wanna thieve they thieve. They can download non downloadable content from anywhere and will always be there.
Music is meant to go out there and be heard.
Otherwise we would never release anything right?

Music is meant to go out there and be heard.
Otherwise we would never release anything right?
True but it's meant to go out there and be heard legally and securely, right? "lol" and "lmao" and "rofl"

Last edited:
True but it's meant to go out there and be heard legally and securely, right? "lol"
Yes which was only fully possible around the 70s before cassettes were introduced, and rendered completely impossible when Napster and the likes showed the world music shouldn't have any value, legal status, nor be secure. :)
A piano might fall on your head at any time, can't live in fear and stay home forever right?

@AudioLoco So you really wanna convince me that there is nothing we can do about that to protect our tracks from theft?! Isn't this a bit pessimistic? And why haven't Pink Floyd and Guns'n'Flowers been ripped off before? Maybe because it's time to go for a record label and trash those digital platforms?

@AudioLoco So you really wanna convince me that there is nothing we can do about that to protect our tracks from theft?! Isn't this a bit pessimistic? And why haven't Pink Floyd and Guns'n'Flowers been ripped off before? Maybe because it's time to go for a record label and trash those digital platforms?
Honestly? My guess: big ass lawfirms on retainer do make a difference. And their antics are right at the other end of the spectrum where Youtubers and other content creators with nothing but good intentions will receive a copyright strike for every snippet of their clients' music used in whatever video....

Top Bottom