How many of you guys are not media composers? [DRAMA SPINOFF]

Mike Greene

MODERATOR NOTE: Iswhatitis deleted all his posts after I moved them here, so this thread doesn't really make any sense, but for those who want to read quoted posts and figure out the action from there, enjoy...

Last edited:

InLight-Tone

When I was writing for tv 📺 I had to write 42-44 minutes of original music spot to picture in 7 days week after week for a 22 episodic show on a major network. That means no days off, there is no such thing as a weekend, and welcome to the world of you are not allowed to sleep 😴 😱. I would never have been able to do this if I had kids. I was working 18-20 hour days 5-6 days a week and 1-2 all nighters each and every week. Nothing existed but this project for about a year including prep. There was never enough time in the day and because of the nature of the turn around time I had to create 6 minutes of finished original music a day to picture week after week. I never used prerecorded music or loops. It was exhausting, exhilarating, exciting, satisfying, engrossing, all-encompassing and incredibly productive. It got easier the more episodes I completed as I was able to build up more and more themes to go to for each character, location or dramatic moment. If they paid me more I could have hired people to help but I had to do everything on my own (spotting, composing, orchestrating, arranging, performing, recording, programming, editing, mixing, mastering, syncing, converting, and delivery). As time passed the deadlines started to get easier as I had sometimes 14 days to create a finished 42-44 minutes original score to picture. But all that meant was I had more time to perfect 👌 my work for each episode as I still never took one day off till the show ended. I cannot fathom anyone in any profession working more hours than I did ever in the history of the world. If I could have gotten hired to work like that year after year I would gladly have done it but getting gigs in this biz as a composer for hire for major studios is not easy unless you are on the A-list. Whoever thinks you are supposed to do 1 minute of music per hour is delusional. I’ve had moments where minutes of music came to me in my mind in seconds but that is not the same as making a finished track to picture over and over and over again day after day while having to meet major deadlines.
Wow, that sounds worse than being on the frontlines in WAR. To KILL yourself for music, is clearly a lack of self worth...

Last edited:

Jimmy Hellfire

This industry requires enormous commitment even when on the A-list. Don’t be rude, that is loser behavior. That comment has no place in this forum.

Working on a tv show is not worse than War. Are you delusional? No one is trying to kill me when I’m composing. That is very disrespectful toward any veteran who has served honorably and any family member who has lost a loved one from War, which is the ultimate sacrifice.

Making vicious comments only shows your lack of class and character. You have no clue how hard doctors, interns, residencies and other professionals in different industries have to work at times.

You should leave this forum immediately if all you are looking to do is attack people so that you can be confronted and put in your place.

It is not my job nor any one else’s in this forum to re-crib train you. If both or one of your parents overly criticized you because they loathed themselves and truly felt no self-love and no self-worth don’t project that immature behavior onto others. I have no interest in hearing anything you have to say anymore.

I’ve noticed that you seem to get continually criticized by a lot of people for your inappropriate comments. I have no respect for you when you attack hard working ethical people for no reason and show no respect for yourself.

Are you so bored with your life your life that you have nothing better to do but attack good people on the web? Don’t project onto me or others the negative hateful feelings you have about yourself. Your psychological and emotional problems have no place in this forum. I don’t respect your laziness, lack of work ethic and mean-spirited nature. I have no interest in your response either.
Ironically, after this absolutely over the top and ridiculous reaction, I think it's time for you to sit down now as well.

Jimmy Hellfire

When someone is rude to me and I see them being rude to others continually it is not inappropriate to tell them to stop. You seem to being putting all your energy in defending someone who is inappropriate. Should rethink your approach. I had no intention of leaving my response to him up permanently. Now, only you perpetuate this.
Thart's funny. You wrote it , you own it. :grin:

Jimmy Hellfire

[Jimmy Hellfire] If you had any character and common sense you would have said something to the guy that initiated a vicious attack for no reason as opposed to criticizing the person who got attacked. Instead you chose to defend him. That says all anyone needs to know about you. Clearly you lack good judgment. And the fact that you should not have gotten involved in the first place when someone is defending themselves from vicious comments is also problematic. Stupid is as stupid does apparently in your case. I don’t have an issue with anything I said to you or him. My words are nothing more than the truth. If that bothers you, I don’t care.
It doesn't bother me - I have no character and lack good judgement. Stupid is as stupid does, as they say!

InLight-Tone

Wow, that sounds worse than being on the frontlines in WAR....
[Jimmy Hellfire] If you had any character and common sense you would have said something to the guy that initiated a vicious attack for no reason as opposed to criticizing the person who got attacked. Instead you chose to defend him. That says all anyone needs to know about you. Clearly you lack good judgment. And the fact that you should not have gotten involved in the first place when someone is defending themselves from vicious comments is also problematic. Stupid is as stupid does apparently in your case. I don’t have an issue with anything I said to you or him. My words are nothing more than the truth. If that bothers you, I don’t care.
Well Jimmy did quote your response so I did read it. I wouldn't call me rude more like abrasive and scarcastic. From where I come from, a Life spent close to Nature and taking care of your physical health is #1. So ya, your description of composing under extreme duress and brutal conditions, to me, sounds like being in War. That includes all those "noble" professions you listed. I can't fathom "Living" like that for ANY amount of money. A LIFE spent away from Sun/Light, Air, Water & Earth, that which gives US Life is a tragedy in my eyes, and I'm entitled to that viewpoint. Don't get me started about what I think about war and those who participate in it...