What's new

How many Gigabytes/Terabytes do your sample libraries total?

Mark Schmieder

Up until a few months ago, 12 TB, but thankfully I've sold enough stuff now that it's down to about 9 TB. The goal (if possible) is to get it down closer to 6 TB or less, so I can go all-SSD. But that might require deleting stuff I never use but get "for free" as part of NI Komplete. :)

dzilizzi

I know nothing
Up until a few months ago, 12 TB, but thankfully I've sold enough stuff now that it's down to about 9 TB. The goal (if possible) is to get it down closer to 6 TB or less, so I can go all-SSD. But that might require deleting stuff I never use but get "for free" as part of NI Komplete. :)
I find as I slowly move the more important libraries to SSD, NI will track wherever the libraries are, so stuff I rarely use will probably stay on an HDD and I won't really care that they never make it onto my SSD. Kontakt will always find them. The problem is the non-library instruments. I try to keep them together now to make it easier to see what I have. But eventually, they all won't be on SSD and I will forget I own them.

Top Bottom