What's new

How far off from realism am I?

sIR dORT

I feel like I'm getting better and getting closer to my goal (Blakus-level), but would love to hear where you guys think I could improve, both mixing-wise and orchestration-wise. Also I hate soundcloud compression.

ProtectedRights

Choir and strings sound more like pads and not like the real thing. Do you have long release times on them? Or very long reverbs? If you want realism, I would stick to regular orchestration and only use natural sounding reverbs.

OP
S

sIR dORT

Wrong subforum :)
Since its about realism and realism is related to programming I thought it might fit. But I guess you're probably right.

Choir and strings sound more like pads and not like the real thing. Do you have long release times on them? Or very long reverbs? If you want realism, I would stick to regular orchestration and only use natural sounding reverbs.
No, and a long release on the choir to make it sound like it's the outriggers. But I guess it was a little aggressive.

ProtectedRights

Since its about realism and realism is related to programming I thought it might fit. But I guess you're probably right.

No, and a long release on the choir to make it sound like it's the outriggers. But I guess it was a little aggressive.
Yeah then try reducing the release on the choirs, it might improve things considerably.

Lindon

VST/AU Developer
I suspect you definition of programming(building a realistic set of sounds/articulations/notes to make a piece of music) is different to the one being used here (where programming = writing code)

OP
S

sIR dORT

I suspect you definition of programming(building a realistic set of sounds/articulations/notes to make a piece of music) is different to the one being used here (where programming = writing code)
Ya i looked too quickly. Is it possible to move it?

Top Bottom