What's new

How do you treat your Reverb?

I find most verbs too bright so I definitely lo pass them to sound more natural. And if it's too boomy, I'll hi pass them. If I'm looking for a specific effect, definitely a little saturation. But it all depends.

Depends on the reverb of course but if I do anything it's usually backing off the lows to mids (up to about 800) by just a couple of dB.

I used to do this all of the time, but recently I don't cut out the lows quite as much. As a result, my mixes sound a bit "bigger" and richer. This trick does help your reverb sound more natural, IMO.
I have the same experience. I found that being a bit less agressive with the low cut than is standard works better for orchestral stuff.

I used to do this all of the time, but recently I don't cut out the lows quite as much. As a result, my mixes sound a bit "bigger" and richer. This trick does help your reverb sound more natural, IMO.

Yes, i leave a bit more for orchestra but on pop, rock, funk, hiphop etc stuff, i do a low cut around 300Hz or more :)

I've set up my templates with Pro-Q2 & Pro-C2 on my reverb returns, before and after the reverb respectively, although I may or may not use them depending on the track (I almost always use a hi-pass though). I'll use Logic's "Direction Mixer" (a stereo expander/balancer) after the reverb too. I try to avoid messing with M/S processing *except* on my master where I always use Mathew Lane's Dr. MS right before a limiter.

Top Bottom