What's new

How do you get your drink on?

The only alcohol I really drink "regularly" is absinthe.

I have other stuff (scotch, gin, tequila, beer, wine) in certain situations, but if it's a choice, it's absinthe all the way. I don't really enjoy any other straight alcohol, or mixed drink, as much as a cold glass of absinthe.

Single malt whisky. Straight. No ice.
If it's hot : bourbon sour or good ales.
With meals : good red wine (I'm French, what a cliché, I know) but not necessarily French ones. There are good red wines all over the world.

Alcoholic. 15+ years sober. Coffee is my jam. ;)

Way to go, keep at it!

Regarding coffee:

The guy once had an accident with his morning coffee where he got second degree burns on his hand, and on the way to the hospital he still stopped at starbucks first because he still needed that coffee fix. x]

I'm considering cutting back on caffeine again, because it starts to feel like it's doing more harm than good to me at times.

A bottle of Jager and an 8 ball, 90 minute session with a massage therapist followed by a couple gals from the Mustang.

Im highly motivated after that, dont need a drink, dont even need coffee although I do love the occasional French Press of San Francisco Fog Chaser Beans and Cinnamon Sticks, fresh cream.

This is a monthly stint, keeps me focused.

A bottle of Jager and an 8 ball, 90 minute session with a massage therapist followed by a couple gals from the Mustang.

Im highly motivated after that, dont need a drink, dont even need coffee although I do love the occasional French Press of San Francisco Fog Chaser Beans and Cinnamon Sticks, fresh cream.

You SIR are truly inspirational !!! 😍

I live in a State where everything is legal and freedom is cherished.
We have White Castles and Weed delivered for NFL Games.

Whenever I go to another State I try and remember all of the laws that prohibit the pursuit of happiness.

But while in Nevada one must delve deeply into it’s treasures.

Last edited:

My new spirit guide.

Gin Mule.
Caesar for breakfast to counter the Gin Mule.
Beer in between because one must also eat.
Wine for the occasional 5 fancy minutes.

Edit: Mexikaner for snacks. See https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexikaner_(Cocktail) (sorry no english version available, for an explanation see this https://www.u-strasse.com/how-to-make-mexikaner-germanys-popular-party-shot/).

Edit2: OUH OUH! And Jelly Shots if I want a treat.

Wow...I sound like a dickhead with a lot of problems. I nailed it.

Last edited:
Now that sounds like someone knows what's good! :) What's your favorite islay malt?

That's a difficult question. My partner-in-music and I are both into trying a *lot* of different kinds. I guess that in general I usually default back to Bowmore when we're not going for something more special. Got into it through Laphroaig and also really like Kilchoman and Lagavulin :).

Red wine indeed!
Or whisky! Definitely NO ice. Try one drop (just one) of water instead. Can help sometimes.
I read Laphroaig and Lagavulin just above: Yeah... Nothing beats a Lagavulin! (in that price range of course.)

I've been trying some rhums lately. Some very (very) nice discoveries.

That's a difficult question. My partner-in-music and I are both into trying a *lot* of different kinds. I guess that in general I usually default back to Bowmore when we're not going for something more special. Got into it through Laphroaig and also really like Kilchoman and Lagavulin :).

Funny, the regular bowmore is the only islay malt I don't really like that much - but I also know a lot of people who really enjoy it. I really love talisker and ardbeg. Caol ila and lagavulin, which have been mentioned here are of course also classy recommendations. I can also really recommend the laphroaig quarter cask, which imo is a lot better than the regular 10, and has become my "bang for the buck" whisky, since you can find it regularly under 30€ here in Germany. (Well, that probably doesn't tell you anything, the prices probably vary quite drastically from country to country - but here it is comparably cheap :grin: )

Funny, the regular bowmore is the only islay malt I don't really like that much - but I also know a lot of people who really enjoy it. I really love talisker and ardbeg. Caol ila and lagavulin, which have been mentioned here are of course also classy recommendations. I can also really recommend the laphroaig quarter cask, which imo is a lot better than the regular 10, and has become my "bang for the buck" whisky, since you can find it regularly under 30€ here in Germany. (Well, that probably doesn't tell you anything, the prices probably vary quite drastically from country to country - but here it is comparably cheap :grin: )

I live in the Netherlands; the price difference is not that big ;).

Laphroaig actually got me into whisky's ^^.

For better or worse, I can't really drink anymore. Even one beer or glass of wine screws with my sleep and makes me draggy the next. Doesn't seem to be worth it. Although on rare occasions I'll have one or two.

For better or worse, I can't really drink anymore. Even one beer or glass of wine screws with my sleep and makes me draggy the next. Doesn't seem to be worth it. Although on rare occasions I'll have one or two.
Now that SUCKS! Sorry bro.

It's the opposite for me. Kicking back a couple of brewskies before bed gives me the best sleep of my life. I wake up feeling great too.

I will say that some alchohol gives me heartburn, and I'll get the absolute worst acid reflux from it. Seriously, I'll wake up literally choking, gasping for air. It's scary as hell, but doesn't last for too long...thankfully.

Top Bottom