What's new

Horror shorts (German) for DB/S-Bahn Berlin

Fantastic work Fritz, as always. The music is very evocative, and does exactly what it should. Clearly you are doing a lot of things right if you get gigs from Deutsche Bahn.

Thank you guys! I will post the other videos, as soon as they are available. You can probably guess other topics, already! ;)

Reactions: muk
I just updated the first post with the new video of this little series that was just released. I would like to know, which of the two you prefer, both from the film and how the music works. Thanks!

I don't speak German, but video, music and sound design was very explicit. Good result. I would prefer the second video. The music is more discreet and curiously makes the job better.

I don't speak German, but video, music and sound design was very explicit.
Thank you! Exquisite or explicit? ;) So, you like the Man eating Doener-Film more? I am not sure, if you meant second by order in this thread or when I posted it ...

Both sell the message well . The second made me smile - Saturn devouring his son...
Great work with the music on both.

Very nice. Am I hearing Gmin and C#min?
You mean in the beginning? The theme is a a very simple diminished 7 chord, which offers two tritone falls for the melody (Bb, E, G, C#). This is harmonized during the kids room sequence with poly chords ... A-Major over G-minor. Later into the action, the melodic idea is tranformed into a octatonal context, and there, various other poly chords happen, including Eb-minor and F-major, G-minor and Eb-minor. I do not remember using G-minor and C#-minor simultaneously, though. Where do you hear it?
Once all videos are released, I may post the music and it will probably be easier to hear. Lot's of the music is covered up in sound design ... the usual annoyance you have to live with as a film music composer. m11M is leaving more room for sound design than those poly chords. ;)

Last edited:
Yes, at the beginning. I guess it is more like this (roughly speaking):

upload_2019-4-12_7-49-1.png

I love that first chord change, very mysterious. It's good to try to pick these out on the piano (without annoying the composer of course), and the sound design does get in the way a bit. Hope you get a chance to post the music by itself. I'm very much enjoying your 'Demo Reel' as well.

Yes, at the beginning. I guess it is more like this (roughly speaking):

upload_2019-4-12_7-49-1.png

I love that first chord change, very mysterious. It's good to try to pick these out on the piano (without annoying the composer of course), and the sound design does get in the way a bit. Hope you get a chance to post the music by itself. I'm very much enjoying your 'Demo Reel' as well.
Roughly like this:

Attachments

• Ohne Titel.pdf
    17 KB · Views: 21
Almost there ... I put the latest of the series in the top thread (Music). For this one I could work on my rusty guitar skills as well and do some Rammstein fun (lol). Only one more to go!

Roughly like this:
Thanks, i'm learning more about harmony right now so this was very interesting and helpful! :)

One question if it's ok:
The G-A-C#-D, in the 3rd bar what would you call that chord? Gsus2#11?
And is the scale used Dorian b5?

(i#m just learning stuff and trying to make sense of it)

haha...very entertaining. loved the Sound design at the beginning of the Train passing by. your Music is very well Fitting! nevertheless I think These Clips are too Long.

Thanks, i'm learning more about harmony right now so this was very interesting and helpful! :)

One question if it's ok:
The G-A-C#-D, in the 3rd bar what would you call that chord? Gsus2#11?
And is the scale used Dorian b5?

(i#m just learning stuff and trying to make sense of it)
Well, the Bb flat is also there, so, it's a bit like G-add9 add#11 ...? But don't ask me, this is Jazz chords theory, which I know, but I am not sure what the academic opinion about this chord is. ;)

And here the final spot of the series (the top one). I’d Be interested in knowing which one you prefer generally and/or with which of the films the music works best. Any critical comments towards film or music are welcome as well.

Top Bottom