What's new

Hollywood orchestra opus edition and hollywood orchestrator

Ah, that is good to know.
But then I hear comments here that sometimes different instruments/articulations that share samples load the samples each time rather than literally sharing them. Cumulatively, I think that would take a toll on my 32GB.
As far as I can tell it doesn't share samples at all. Even if you load multiple copies of the same instrument.

Nobody else should buy it until they fix that :sneaky:

I just bought Hopus upgrade for 249$ (Diamond):)
I need some installation advice, should I remove old library's and download and install everything as new?

Last edited:
I just bought Hopus upgrade for 249$ (Diamond):)
I need some installation advice, should I remove old library's and download and install everything as new?
Although I probably won't be installing it now, I'm curious about this too.
Also, my Installation Center (ver. 1.4.3) now lists all the OPUS stuff, but I notice my old PLAY version of HO seems to have vanished from 'Installed Libraries' in the IC. Is this normal? I'd prefer to still have access to old HO and be able to uninstall it and reinstall it as I wish. How would this be possible if it has disappeared from the Installation Center?
Additionally, the IC mentions 'New Licences Available' and has an 'Activate' button. Will activating this somehow mess with my PLAY installation?
I'm working on something now using PLAY and don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks

Although I probably won't be installing it now, I'm curious about this too.
Also, my Installation Center (ver. 1.4.3) now lists all the OPUS stuff, but I notice my old PLAY version of HO seems to have vanished from 'Installed Libraries' in the IC. Is this normal? I'd prefer to still have access to old HO and be able to uninstall it and reinstall it as I wish. How would this be possible if it has disappeared from the Installation Center?
Additionally, the IC mentions 'New Licences Available' and has an 'Activate' button. Will activating this somehow mess with my PLAY installation?
I'm working on something now using PLAY and don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks
Try to scroll down in Installation Center and you will see the there is the headings with "missed simple's library", "Installed library" and "old libraries" I believe the is an option to download and reinstall old libs.

Try to scroll down in Installation Center and you will see the there is the headings with "missed simple's library", "Installed library" and "old libraries" I believe the is an option to download and reinstall old libs.
Thanks hdsmile, but I don't seem to have those options.
Scrolling down shows a 'New Downloads' section with all the new Opus stuff; below that is an 'Installed Libraries' section which shows my other stuff - EWQLSO, Spaces Reverb, Gypsy - and that's it.
There's nothing else below this.

Just got the upgrade. This is my plan for orch libraries, guess I'll see if it works.

BBCSO for detailed work - since it doesn't do sections and you have to take the time to write each part
HOOPUS for quicker work
NI libraries (may add Abbey 1) or whatever as sketching library
Occasional spot libraries to fill holes, perc and bigger brass than BBCSO

Just got the upgrade. This is my plan for orch libraries, guess I'll see if it works.

BBCSO for detailed work - since it doesn't do sections and you have to take the time to write each part
HOOPUS for quicker work
NI libraries (may add Abbey 1) or whatever as sketching library
Occasional spot libraries to fill holes, perc and bigger brass than BBCSO
Sound good, I was wondering why Opus will bring you a most simplified arrangement task with it, mainly because the pre ready orchestrator tool?

I’m sure this has been asked already, but can can anyone tell me the main differences between the orchestrator and the Orchestra 2? Just wondering how these engins compare in terms of features, functionality, midi export, etc.

It appears hat Sonuscore played a large part in developing the orchestrator engine, so I’m curious as to how the two engines compare.

I was curious to see how OPUS's Sound Variation integration was with Studio One, so ended up building an OPUS template over the weekend. Was quite a painless approach (though I wish S1 had better control over UI contrast, especially in the piano editor).

Did a quick mock of the Olympic Theme - wondering what folks feel is the best articulation in OPUS Hollywood Brass for that JW fanfare type of stuff? I'm mostly using Staccato Dbl Tng here since the Reps 120bpm don't sound great to me personally (and end on a pretty strong accent). I also tried to put those on their own track with the ASDR decay all the way down. I'm not using the new EXP trumpets - but are those better at that sort of stuff?

Anybody mocked up something similar with OPUS? Curious to hear your thoughts on programming tips / improvements. Cheers!
Sounds fantastic

Received this fix from EW customer support, and it seemed to do the trick:

please make sure that you have the correct library size +/-0.5-1GB (Chapter 3.2 of the manual)

In the main library folder, delete both the .ewui and the .ewus files.

Then open the Installation Center.

- Login and locate the library.
- Hover over it with your mouse and click on the gear-icon.
- Select "Uninstall".
- Next, select "Locate Directory and Reinstall".
- Select the "Instruments" subfolder of your library folder.
This worked! Thanks a lot.

I’m sure this has been asked already, but can can anyone tell me the main differences between the orchestrator and the Orchestra 2? Just wondering how these engins compare in terms of features, functionality, midi export, etc.

It appears hat Sonuscore played a large part in developing the orchestrator engine, so I’m curious as to how the two engines compare.
Orchestrator gives you more options and control. TOC2 has five parts per preset, whereas Orchestrator can have up to 16, and also gives you the ability control which sections respond to which notes in a played chord. I'd basically look at Orchestrator as an advanced version of what Sonuscore did in TOC2 - while the latter can get decent results faster in most cases, Orchestrator has more depth and the ability to create a much bigger, richer sound.

Someone else will have to chime in on the midi export options, as I haven't delved into that part of either of them.

I’m using OS X Mojave and installed everything but when I open OPUS, the Orchestrator is grayed out but still shows up in the Instrument column. Double clicking the Orchestrator in the instrument column crashes OPUS. Anyone know if this is a known issue with a fix? If not is the best route to support via email? TIA

How does this work regarding reverb? The YouTube videos with Orchestrator sound amazing, but it's a bit unclear if the reverb used is from the opus engine?

I’m using OS X Mojave and installed everything but when I open OPUS, the Orchestrator is grayed out but still shows up in the Instrument column. Double clicking the Orchestrator in the instrument column crashes OPUS. Anyone know if this is a known issue with a fix? If not is the best route to support via email? TIA
I upgraded to PLUS on Black Friday, and now I'm experiencing the same issue.....in both Cubase 10 and the latest Logic Pro (Big Sur). This never happened previously. Also tried uninstalling/installing Orchestrator a few times with no avail. I've sent a support ticket.

I upgraded to PLUS on Black Friday, and now I'm experiencing the same issue.....in both Cubase 10 and the latest Logic Pro (Big Sur). This never happened previously. Also tried uninstalling/installing Orchestrator a few times with no avail. I've sent a support ticket.
So I opened the EW Installer yesterday and there was an Orchestrator update which I installed and now it works normally….

Top Bottom