What's new

Hollywood orchestra opus edition and hollywood orchestrator

But there are some great additional EW choices indeed, like Hollywood Choirs and Backup Singers, or Gypsy and Silk.

Hi,

EW Hollywood Orchestra OPUS users, do you tend to use other non-East West Orchestral Libraries to complement it with ?

If Yes, what are the other Orchestral Libraries you like to use with HOOPUS ?

Just curious.

Thanks.
I often use Spitfire studio strings for layering (mostly extended articulations like flautando, sul point) and 8dio Adagio to strengthen the leading parts. I also really like to add the solo violin 2 by Performance Samples, and I'm thinking about buying Vista or Tokyo strings. UPD: and I use Ben Osterhouse strings (Sospiro, Oscillation, Pattern)

Last edited:
I've been testing Cinematic Studio libraries along with HO-Opus.

I turn off the CS close mic. and adjust the other two mics to my liking. I then place them in the same EastWest SpacesII hall, balance the volume and duplicate the panning. Sounds pretty good to me! For more detail in the shorts, add back in some of the CS close mic.

Hi,

EW Hollywood Orchestra OPUS users, do you tend to use other non-East West Orchestral Libraries to complement it with ?

If Yes, what are the other Orchestral Libraries you like to use with HOOPUS ?

Just curious.

Thanks.

I've always used VSL (VI Version) with EWHO, doing the same with Opus

Yep it is 100% disk streaming, though every key you press then goes into memory, so it only disk streams the first time. On a NVMe drive I find no issue using this method.
I have a question about this 'loading purged' process...
This all sounds great for reducing the memory footprint, but I wonder how useful it would be for my rather silly process.
I don't play things in. I work in the Cubase Score Editor, I choose a note length, then drag it onto the stave - hearing all the chromatic notes as it moves across the stave. I then release the mouse button when I hear the pitch I need.
I assume that 'chromatic sweep' as I drag the note across the stave would mean that all those notes need to get loaded in - and this would probably completely undo the benefit of loading everything purged. Right?

Last edited:
So, I had some free time today and went through the steps detailed by EW in the email screenshot I posted here

I chose an Ostinato preset in Orchestrator and played C Major chord for 4 measures

I then created a separate track with Opus on it and dragged the MIDI from Orchestrator onto it

Logic Created 16 tracks with Opus on each

I then went into each of those tracks and assigned a HOOPUS instrument thereto corresponding to the Orchestrator's instrument selection

However, I am getting no sound at all from any of these newly made tracks

Here is what it looks like:

CleanShot 2021-10-23 at 16.20.46@2x.png

So, at this point, I am not sure if I missed a step or if anyone else has experienced this as well and can advise me on what I am doing wrong

Thank you
I did experience the same thing. Don't drag the midi to the Opus Orchestrator Export track - drag it to the Orchestrator 1 track. Then when you replace each instrument on tracks 1, 2, 3, etc. make sure the channel is set to the same as the original preset you're dragging it from. My example was from the Black Knight Score and here shows the 1st three instruments:

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 4.18.57 PM.png

Now, the separate Opus instances I imported to each track:

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 4.19.08 PM.png

They all import as channel 1 individually so I changed them to match the original preset score - 1, 2, 3.
They wouldn't play until I matched the channels to the original file? Go figure

If I import a Kontakt instrument onto 1 of the tracks, it plays the midi file although I still have to change the channel to match what the original was.

This is all really just a half-baked solution anyway at this point :sad: - but "half" is the key word here because we at least can get the midi into Logic now, and I imagine a real fix will appear at some point.

Last edited:
I think this it, EW's BF started already. Spaces II are $159 at AudioDeluxe + 15% fall discount, and discount bucks from previous purchases. Could be cheaper than JRR.

I think this it, EW's BF started already. Spaces II are $159 at AudioDeluxe + 15% fall discount, and discount bucks from previous purchases. Could be cheaper than JRR.

Yes, you are correct, they have the same price at EW Store. I guess I should go for it, I will buy it directly from EW at this price.

Hi,

JRRShop has a nice 60% off discount going on for EW-Libraries.

https://vi-control.net/community/th...tra-opus-edition-diamond.116130/#post-4946419

I'm interested in purchasing EW Hollywood Choirs Diamond, which they have at $239.60 (sale price) compared to $599. (reg. price).

So, do you think I will find this library lower if I wait for BF ? or should I go forward and get it at this price ?

Thanks.
Oops, sorry I'm too late - it's $214.99 at AudioDeluxe

Top Bottom