What's new

Hollywood orchestra opus edition and hollywood orchestrator

Geomir

I contacted support to say I wished to cancel my composer cloud + subscription, which I took out the beginning of the month, based on the fact that Opus would be released on the 21st. They replied quickly and offered to cancel and refund the full amount, or pause the annual membership, and start it again when Opus is released.

Needless to say, I'm happy with that response.
Which means that OPUS is not coming anytime soon.

Last edited:

Chungus

Hey Nick,

Idk maybe you have already been asked about this but do you have in your plans to revisit EWQLSO, like to upgrade controls to improve playability, add some true legatos etc.? The samples in this library really shine even after almost two decades. I guess I'm not the only one who would like this library to get a more user friendly interface and playability.
I'd love this. In terms of just sonority, EWSO is still one of my favourite libraries. Unfortunately, I don't see such a revamp happening.

Markrs

Complete Beginner
I contacted support to say I wished to cancel my composer cloud + subscription, which I took out the beginning of the month, based on the fact that Opus would be released on the 21st. They replied quickly and offered to cancel and refund the full amount, or pause the annual membership, and start it again when Opus is released.

Whilst the comms has been poor it is nice to see good customer service from them.

Michael Antrum

Only the good die young....
I’m pretty sure they are good people, and they have an excellent product. I’m just not sure that it’s very high on their ‘to do’ list.

I‘m in business, and I see all these people waiting for the product to drop, waiting for the launch with the credit/debit cards in their hands....

Other developers would give their right arm for such an opportunity...

Batwaffel

r/audioproductiondeals

This makes me happy. Pretty much every interaction I've had in the past with support has been bad. If things are changing in that area, I find that to be fantastic. The one thing I agree with Nick on the most is the quality and genius of the products they put out. Even some 13+ years later, I still use Hollywood Strings on every orchestral project I do. That says a lot considering how many new libraries have come out the past decade and it competes very well with all of them still today without sounding dated at all. Hopefully OPUS takes care of the user friendliness aspect of it.

Trash Panda

Don't listen to this user
Interestingly, during a chat with their CS team today, I was told the HWO Gold bundle listed at $266 is no longer available due to the impending release of OPUS. No timetable given, but seems a bit odd to stop offering that product if OPUS is not days away from release. At the same time, they haven't updated the from pricing on that page to the HWO Diamond price either, so odd may be the name of the game here.

lettucehat

"Guys we're sorry about this, lots going on and we're doing our best."

"I feel for the people doing their best, but things like this have led to a lack of trust over the years."

"I can't believe you've done this."

:thumbsup:

Quantum Leap

nickphoenix.com
1. All east west employees and engineers and management have been working 6 days a week for the past 6 months to finish Opus with no breaks.
2. There are 3 different facets which all need to work perfectly together. New engine, new library, new orchestrator. can’t be a buggy release.
3. Will probably be released first quarter.
4. I take offense to the ripping off accusations. If anything EW pioneered the lower price movement in this industry. They are trying to figure out pricing.
5. Library will be good. You can buy it or pass on it. We did our best with this release.

Justin L. Franks

1. All east west employees and engineers and management have been working 6 days a week for the past 6 months to finish Opus with no breaks.
2. There are 3 different facets which all need to work perfectly together. New engine, new library, new orchestrator. can’t be a buggy release.
3. Will probably be released first quarter.
4. I take offense to the ripping off accusations. If anything EW pioneered the lower price movement in this industry. They are trying to figure out pricing.
5. Library will be good. You can buy it or pass on it. We did our best with this release.
Of course CC isn't a ripoff, even without Opus. But up until a few days ago, the January release date was still being advertised. Now it might be delayed until March or even later. The company knew that there was no chance of having it ready on January 21st for a while now, yet still went on acting like it would be released on time.

This is the poor communication that is being complained about. Delays are often inevitable with large undertakings, but you need to keep people in the loop, not continue to advertise a release date that there was zero chance of being met, then suddenly at the last minute say that it is indefinitely delayed.

ALittleNightMusic

18 time Oscar winner

To those that are upset about the lack of communication of the new release date when they maybe opted into a CC subscription to time it with the release, this sounds like your solution. No reason to keep complaining.

artomatic

I compose with my EARS
Okay. I've grown tired of this thread.
I've waited since their announcement last Fall.
I'll let myself out.

jamie8

Every time I come back here it just feels uncomfortable. I should make soup instead. No video for you Basari!
im on composer cloud x and i for one when its ready am looking forward to this, everyone is worn down right now and i am glad you are on here nick., now go make soup :)

SlHarder

Every time I come back here it just feels uncomfortable. I should make soup instead. No video for you Basari!
Nick

Too many folks here that just need to go make some music. I'm on CCloud and am looking forward to what Opus brings in the future.

And it's snowing here tonight so the navy beans are soaking for ham hock soup tomorrow.

Take care.

bvaughn0402

I teach college and it gets really easy to hear one disgruntled student as sounding like 500 more.

There are WAY more people on here excited about what you are doing and anxiously awaiting its release ... than anyone disgruntled.

I know to me I have so much greater respect for anyone who interfaces with customers, especially here when a few negative comments can feel like thousands. But it only feels that way ...

Top Bottom