Hollywood Brass Gold now or Cinebrass core later?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by DivingInSpace, Nov 7, 2018.

1. BenG

BenG Senior Member

I own Cinebrass/Hollywood Brass and both are great! Sonically, I find them to be pretty different and it really depends on your musical style/preference.

Cinebrass:
    - Warm, 'Human'
    - Great Room
    - Great Players

Hollywood Brass
    - Aggressive (when needed)
    - Clean Sound
    - Very Dry

In terms of playability, nothing can beat the Hollywood series imho.

Parsifal666 likes this.
  2. Parsifal666

Parsifal666 I don't even own a DAW, I'm just a troll.

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    There are so many useable patches in HWB it's ridiculous. And I don't have quite the problem others seem to with the legato. Works fine (for the most part) for me.

Zoot_Rollo likes this.
  3. Henu

Henu Senior Member

Nov 17, 2017
    Finland
    I could sell my kidney for getting the Sony Scoring Stage impulse on my hands. I just love that sound.

4. BenG

BenG Senior Member

Absolutely! HWB was recorded quite dry, which has it's own benefits, but replicating a real recording in a fantastic sounding room, with reverb, after the fact, is just not the same.

5. OP
    OP
    DivingInSpace

DivingInSpace Senior Member

Feb 10, 2018
    If i had the money, i would build a whole template around Orchestral Tool's sample libraries. I pre-ordered Time Macro as my first ever OT product, and it just sounds so lovely! But sadly, unless Metropolis Ark goes on a sale with 50% off, i won't have the money for it in anything like the near future, and i am not sure if i would have them even if they did on black friday (and they won't haha).

6. OP
    OP
    DivingInSpace

DivingInSpace Senior Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Thanks for your opinion, while i really like the sound of Cinebrass (especially those trumpets) Hollywood Brass seems to be the way for me at the moment. Agressive, clean and dry is something i need haha. Also, i heard that it should be good for some more quiet and/or emotional sounds.

Seriously though, the sound of cinebrass really seems beautiful.

7. Parsifal666

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    I'm not sure OT does do BF...I seem to recall them doing something like that last year or the year before. It's just rare because their libraries are justifiably expensive imo. You can do whole sketches with just Ark and sound pretty darn good. My 4th symphony is built from MA 1 and 2 (and higher woodwinds are Chris Hein).

8. ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic Senior Member

Dec 21, 2017
    Last year they did put MA 1/2 on sale, nearly at their intro prices I believe. They have mentioned that the Berlin series will never go on sale.

9. Parsifal666

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    Too bad about Berlin. Still MA 1/2 totally worth it imo.

10. Land of Missing Parts

Land of Missing Parts Flibbertyjibbit

Jan 27, 2013
    NYC
    This is largely true, but they did put BWW Legacy on sale before releasing BWW Revive, and they put Berlin Expansions on sale earlier this year.

ChrisSiuMusic likes this.
  11. ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic Senior Member

Dec 21, 2017
    Good point. Sorry for the miscommunication, I meant that they reported they won’t discount the main libraries, unless of course they do a complete revamp of it (as was the case with BWW Revive).

Land of Missing Parts likes this.