Hi.

Discussion in 'INTRODUCE Yourself' started by aegisninja, Feb 2, 2019.

1. aegisninja

aegisninja New Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Hey! So, I am just getting out of playing in a touring punk rock band which pretty much taken up the last two years of my life, and going back to school to finish the audio degree I started a while back. All the while I've been secretly stockpiling orchestral libraries as they have gone on sale, and so I figured it's time I finally figured out how to use them

2. X-Bassist

X-Bassist Senior Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Good idea! Getting a good templete together with the sounds you like the best for each section is a good start (strings, brass, perc, woodwinds, ect). Playing through the presets can give you a good starting point, but often I'm saving my own settings as a preset. Going through each mic channel to hear each one and mix them is also recommended. For some developers I've found a much better sound than what is default or mixed. Also I remove reverb and add my own, which can bring some samples to life when mixed in right.

Set aside some time each day to explore what you have, and when something starts sounding like a tune, hit record! Many of my best tunes came from instrument exploration, Enjoy your exploration! :) All the best.

3. LandWaterSky

LandWaterSky Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Great recommendations!