What's new

Hey Guys Would love some input on post production (Mastering)

Demisane

Chemical Geo-Spatial Musician
It has been a while since I posted anything on this forum. But recently I took the plunge to get a lot of vsts and have been working towards perfecting my production skills. Would be quite greatful if I could get some feedback on possible sound corrections.

The whole mix could do with some more low end in my opinion, especially the percussion.
Also the sound that comes in at around 28 seconds is a bit too mix dominant, bring it back a bit and let it be a texture more than the focus.
Cool track though!

The whole mix could do with some more low end in my opinion, especially the percussion.
Also the sound that comes in at around 28 seconds is a bit too mix dominant, bring it back a bit and let it be a texture more than the focus.
Cool track though!
Great! Thanks for the feedback. So would you say at around 41 seconds the strong bass piano playing would be the right/ample amount of bass that is missing through the entire track? Thank you very much for that feedback. I have had someone telling me that they felt at about 1:28 the sound is too annoying.

Would love some input on post production (Mastering)
Postpro/Mastering is only for subtle changes and if needed some loudness optimization.
Your problem lays in the mix and in some tracks of the mix.
The whoopwhoop sound is interesting but too loud and needs more reverb.
Some sounds need more low end.
I like the piece though.

Postpro/Mastering is only for subtle changes and if needed some loudness optimization.
Your problem lays in the mix and in some tracks of the mix.
I like the piece though.

Yup, thank you. So like Joe suggested, louder bass and toning down of the wobble in the beginning. (Will get to work on that soon-ish, ears are numb from working on this track the past 16 hours XD )

i edited my post while you were quoting, sorry.
Yes, some tracks lack low end, wobble is ok but too loud and lacks reverb.
The mix sounds separated, not as one whole thing.

And it's very important not to work to long on one mix so you don't get "betriebsblind".
I think it's called professionally blinkered in english.

It's also very important too switch to well produced reverence tracks about every 30 minutes.

i edited my post while you were quoting, sorry.
Yes, some tracks lack low end, wobble is ok but too loud and lacks reverb.
The mix sounds separated, not as one whole thing.

And it's very important not to work to long on one mix so you don't get "betriebsblind".
I think it's called professionally blinkered in english.

It's also very important too switch to well produced reverence tracks about every 30 minutes.

Ah, no worries on the edit. Yup. Definitely need an ear break. Will have to look into this after a couple of hours. Also, do you mean reference tracks? My general references are orchestral pieces but you tend have really good arrangements for it. Or movie/tv soundscores.

After reading the feedback: I tried reverb on the wobble but it sort of drowns out the sharpness. It loses that sense of "power" from it. Any suggestions on what I should look at? splitting different filter passes to channels and then giving reverb to high ends alone?

That definitely helps, but I think your percussion needs more low end too!
Awesome! Thank you! :D Will work on improving that and when I reach a 100 likes on current track, shall put the perfected one for download.

Alright! So I ran though another mix session for the track. Realized I need to not have the low end around much for expression. Worked in some better harmony and also took made the wobble more a texture.

Top Bottom