What's new

Herman Samples - Frozen Piano - Available NOW!

Hi,

thank you so much for the input! I can hear the volume difference in B1, but not others - can you please provide an audio example? I can make these three notes quieter, no problem!
I have never noticed the slight buzzing - it comes from the piano itself - layering it with other patches makes it barely hearable :)

Best,
Patrik
Edited: I found that the resonance of the B* note is coming from my monitors/room too. But in the headphones I still hear little difference of the B1 note. I may be wrong. Thank you very much for your fast reply for understanding and sorry for wasting your time !

Last edited:
Absolutely, I'll adjust it tomorrow early in the morning - I think a simple volume change and one EQ band should do it! :)

Thank you again for spotting this little detail, I am always happy to help and make the best product I can.

Best,
Patrik

Last edited:
Fixed, all users can now download the newest update of .nki's from their e-mails (Others.zip)! :) Big thanks to NeoNyx and lumcas for spotting the details.
Make sure to replace the felt pianos from the Instruments folder only!

Howdy. How you saw I wrote a comment on one of your video. So I was asking about how the piano is sound only with 3 layers. I was thinking for a long time and in final decided to buy. So the instrument sounds interesting, it have a lovely sound and color. The switch between first layer and second are pretty good and soft, but between second and 3th is something that is not working well and I think you can improve to make the piano a lot better. All you need to do is to put an Band EQ on frequency ~3500 hz and bandwish ~ 2 - 2.5 and to make an automation for it. How I saw your velocity layer nr 1 is between velocity 1 and 30, velocity layer 2 is between velocity 31 and 100 and the 3th layer 101 to 127. So please apply the EQ from velocity 101 to 127. At the velocity 101 EQ effect must be the maximum that is required to sound like a good transaction and minimise the EQ effect until velocity 127( at velocity 127 EQ effect = 0 )

Best wishes,
Andrew

Last edited:
Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for your support and feedback! I like the idea - I think I did it the other way around (EQ on the mf layer), but yours makes more sense. If it alters the sound too much (I cannot check the sound right now), I could make it into a new patch. So, there is always room for improvement :) I will be able to fix it on Friday :) Until then - and thanks!

Best,
Patrik

I have Pianos from Fracture so wasn't feeling the need, but the beautiful & intuitive UI & beautiful graphics in the videos pushed me off the edge (beautiful sounds obviously made me climb the mountain).

Have been playing with for sometime now and its an inspiration machine, the main patch is amazing to create so many emotions so intuitively, loving it.

The experience is being interrupted by continuous clicks and errors though. 1 core on CPU is spiking and I get the sample rate message. I hope I don't have to be in 44.1 to use this library.

Here is the screenshot:
Screenshot 2019-10-14 at 7.46.51 PM.png

If anyone know how to solve this please help.
btw Sonarworks isn't the issue here, I'm facing errors with and without.

I have Pianos from Fracture so wasn't feeling the need, but the beautiful & intuitive UI & beautiful graphics in the videos pushed me off the edge (beautiful sounds obviously made me climb the mountain).

Have been playing with for sometime now and its an inspiration machine, the main patch is amazing to create so many emotions so intuitively, loving it.
First of all, thank you so much! I am truly glad you like the library :)

For anyone else reading this, we've been messaging back and forth and I've been trying to find out the reason why it was happening. Turning off the convolution reverb helped, but only partially. I've been trying to get in touch with a few Logic users since yesterday, but none of them was able to tell me what was the potential cause.

One person said he is aware of the issue but doesn't know what is causing the CPU allocation to behave that way. I've also been given an idea that increasing the buffer size could help.
So far no one has had any issues with the conversion of 44.1kHz to higher, which is strange.

If anyone has got any idea about it, please let us know! I would be happy to learn something new about Logic :)

I am willing to spend the time to export all the samples in 48kHz, even if it means solving the issue for one customer, but I first want to make sure it could be caused by something else.

Best,
Patrik

EDIT: Besides, the layers have been smoothed out a long time ago thanks to Andrew's suggestion!

Last edited:
Like a few others had posted here, I own a couple of felt-type pianos (Una Corda, Noire, Spitfire) but this is pretty special and has it's own place. Very beautiful and inspiring. For some reason I couldn't get to the purchase page from the main website when I clicked the purchase button, even trying from 2 different computers and browsers, so I came back to this thread and clicked on the link from Patrik's post and it worked. Great price for Black Friday!! It really sounds wonderful!

Thank you very much!
For some reason I couldn't get to the purchase page from the main website when I clicked the purchase button
Could you please let me know your operating systems and browsers you used?
Also, the website will be redesigned soon and purchase section will get its own page :)

Thank you very much!

Could you please let me know your operating systems and browsers you used?
Also, the website will be redesigned soon and purchase section will get its own page :)
Patrik, my studio OS is Windows 10 64 version 1909 using google Chrome and I used another computer running Windows 10 64 version 1903 trying Google Chrome, Explorer, and Edge. They all got me to your home page but the purchase button would not open the link. Got it using your link in this thread where the puchase button got me to the correct page. Great product by the way!!!

Top Bottom