What's new

Help with selling Native Instrument "spares" after updating to Komplete Ultimate 13

Paul Jelfs

Looking for some good advice on selling some of my Native Instrument Licenses, that I had bought at Full price (Separately from any Komplete buy), but now can sell as I have updated to Komplete 13 Ultimate.

I get the license transfer bit, and have requested the ones I am allowed to sell, to be ready for selling - which they are.

All good.

However, I noticed the licenses code on the SEE THE TRANSFER LICENSES IN PROCESS , are the same Serials as the ones Registered in my Native Access- Session Guitarist Strummed Acoustic for example.

So I am worried if I DO sell these libraries, I will not only loose the product / license I purchased separately at Full Price , but the one that comes with Komplete Update as well ?

Sorry if you do not follow this, but I know a lot of people on here sell spare NI licenses, and wanted to make sure I am doing it correct, before putting it up for sale.

Help! Thank you

PJ

You shouldn't. They normally only have one license shown in NA, but if you sell, you will still have the Komplete version because it isn't a separate license. As in they all have the same license. At least for me, on my NI account, they are not separate SNs

Strange. I see what you mean about a Single License - All of my Komplete 10 Ultimate products , have the same code , and are listed under komplete 10 ultimate.

Where it gets weird though, is for Komplete 13 products (That are new to me) they all have their own serial number , and Komplete 13 is not mentioned at all.

I agree with what you are saying- as it should just take away the licenses for the separate products I bought, and replace them seamlessly with new licenses from K13 - but as they are not all under 1 banner (licenses) from Komplete 13 Ultimate, makes me nervous in case I end up losing the whole product etc

Maybe thinking about things too much - Should probably email someone at NI for definitive answer, though last time I contacted them it was about 3 weeks until i heard back!

Thanks again for your input, and if anyone else who has sold off their purchased libraries, and had Komplete 13 Ultimate, your input would be invaluable.

pJ

I can't see that it's possible to transfer the individual instruments that are part of Komplete.

Did you go through the automated transfer process via the link below and just select the appropriate license(s)?
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/my-account/license-transfer/request-for-transfer/
I never look at Serial numbers in Access but on my account here:
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/my-account/my-products-serials-downloads/
Do the serial numbers from there match what you hope to sell?
Seems an odd one.

P.S.
It says that my free KOMPLETE 13 ULTIMATE Collectors Edition Update which I received after buying the version 12 Update for half price is Not transferable.
I hope it just means that it would be transferred along with version 12 if I took that option rather than being NFR.

I know you definitely can’t sell something that is from Komplete unless it was purchased as a separate single item only (which is now duplicated now that you have it again Komplete). Otherwise you’d lose all of Komplete, e.g. like people trying to sell Komplete 12 when they used it to qualify for the upgrade to Komplete 13.

I did have a few loose libraries like Strummed that I was able to sell because I bought them separately. All is good as long as the item you are selling was bought aside from and outside of Komplete. I don’t recall that my serial was the same though, that’s the only thing peculiar.

Last edited:
It’s confusing, as the system is not “smart” in this way. But essentially, you have one umbrella license now for Komplete, and all its contents, whereas any previously owned single-licensed products are recognized as part of your Komplete package, even though they are not.

This is because you no doubt opted not to install what you already had installed. But once the transfer is successfully completed, you will have to install the Komplete version of any of those single licensed products you sold, and it will all “umbrella” under the new Komplete license.

If in doubt, log in and note the items you have registered, as they typically display according to date of purchase.

Edit: I should say you may have to reinstall Komplete components for any single licenses you sell. I recall a couple of years back it asked me to install some things that were no longer in my possession, even as the content itself was still on the hard drive.

Maybe it is improved since, but as long as you have separate serials for each product you have purchased outside of Komplete, you should be fine with the process sorting all this out.

Last edited:
It’s confusing, as the system is not “smart” in this way. But essentially, you have one umbrella license now for Komplete, and all its contents, whereas any previously owned single-licensed products are recognized as part of your Komplete package, even though they are not.

This is because you no doubt opted not to install what you already had installed. But once the transfer is successfully completed, you will have to install the Komplete version of any of those single licensed products you sold, and it will all “umbrella” under the new Komplete license.

If in doubt, log in and note the items you have registered, as they typically display according to date of purchase.

Edit: I should say you may have to reinstall Komplete components for any single licenses you sell. I recall a couple of years back it asked me to install some things that were no longer in my possession, even as the content itself was still on the hard drive.

Maybe it is improved since, but as long as you have separate serials for each product you have purchased outside of Komplete, you should be fine with the process sorting all this out.
Yes! This is what I am trying to do - Basically I bought Komplete 10 Ultimate first. Then over the years I bought some of the separate products , at full price ,that are now part of the Komplete 13 Ultimate Update.

The ones I want to sell, and the ones it lets me select in License transfer are - Session Guitarist Acoustic Strummer 1+2, Session Guitarist Picked Guitar, Session Guitar Electric (With a Deluxe upgrade - so 2 licenses for that) and finally Kontakt 6 update.

I have already successfully done 3 of these licenses - That say " Ready for Transfer" with NI, and give me both the serial and the CODE you need to give the new buyer.

So what you are saying, is once I have sold these , I might have to REINSTALL the ones that come with K13 U, with a different serial number ?

The strange thing is all my K10 U licenses are the same, but all my K13 U that I got yesterday, are different.

Finally - NI Does not make it clear how to ready for sale a license that I bought (Session Electric) and then Upgraded (Session Electric Deluxe) - I have two licenses for it . Do I do them as two separate ready for transfers - as I tried One and nothing happens.

Just want to check I do not stupidly sell these "extra " licenses, and I lose the K13U ones as well , as I still want to use the instruments.

Gee, I need a drink after explaining that !

The system itself is a little tiny bit convoluted. Just a little. In fact I would wager that it has become indecipherable to mere mortals.

I am in the same boat, I have quite a few NI products and libraries that I purchased separately. Then there is the upgrade trail, starting with Komplete 3.

So I emailed NI support and received a list of products that I can sell without upsetting the cart. It isn't one of their higher priorities, but if you are patient you will receive an answer.

Based on what I own my for sale list includes everything I purchased before Komplete 3 - that's the easy part.

Between upgrades to K6, K7, and K12U, the Select Series for the keyboard, and and Komplete Start (where ever that came from) there are quite a few duplicates! That's where I needed help from NI.

It appears I can not sell any license that came with Komplete Start or the Select Series, which makes some sense.

It also appears that as long as I keep Komplete 3, and the two products on which it was based (Garritan Strad an Gofriller) I can sell the upgrades to K6 and K7 - but the buyer has to meet the requirements to purchase them.

And I can sell several libraries which I purchased as separate libraries before they were added to various editions of Komplete.

Clear as MUD!

Well i have license transfered the ones I have bought - Well 3 of them - It wont let me do any more than that ? Is that a limit - as I know I have at least 5 I purchased separate from KU13 - Maybe the system only allows you to AUTO transfer 3 at a time, as I imagine most of the staff are off.

Will try selling one of these and hopefully my entire collection won't fall apart!

Top Bottom