What's new

Help: SM Brass Trumpet sounds muffled... only complete reload helps

meradium

Anybody else here who is actively using SM's Trumpets (latest version) and occasionally experiencing a completely muffled sound which can only be fixed by completely unloading and reloading the instrument inside Kontakt?

To me it sounds like the Mute IRs are somehow activated by accident. I was initially suspecting this might be due to an ill-sent CC signal. But no matter what I do I cannot repair it once the issue occurs.

I tried resetting the Mutes... only makes it sound worse.

P.S.: Initially I wanted to post this on the SM forum... but as of late they seem to not accept any account registrations anymore. :/

Anybody else here who is actively using SM's Trumpets (latest version) and occasionally experiencing a completely muffled sound which can only be fixed by completely unloading and reloading the instrument inside Kontakt?

To me it sounds like the Mute IRs are somehow activated by accident. I was initially suspecting this might be due to an ill-sent CC signal. But no matter what I do I cannot repair it once the issue occurs.

I tried resetting the Mutes... only makes it sound worse.

P.S.: Initially I wanted to post this on the SM forum... but as of late they seem to not accept any account registrations anymore. :/

Sound example. Thx.

Sure thing... here you go. "F-up" is already with the mutes reset... initially when this happens it sounds even worse.... more like a plain muted sound.

As you can hopefully hear, the "fresh" version does not have this kind of "whaaawhaa" effect at the beginning.

I should maybe also mention all three trumpets are hosted inside VEP 6 in a single Kontakt 5 instance.

The problem occurs irregularly. When it happens only a full reset of the instrument inside Kontakt (replace that is) brings it back to normal...

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/sm-trumpet-3-f-up-mp3.16322/][/AUDIOPLUS]

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/sm-trumpet-3-fresh-mp3.16323/][/AUDIOPLUS]

I used to work around it by simple reloading my VSL instance. But now it has occurred again without me noticing and I accidentally hit "save" inside VEP... so here we go again.

VEP manages to properly "save" the malfunctioning patches.

Attachments

• SM Trumpet 3 F-up.mp3
    278.4 KB · Views: 26
  • SM Trumpet 3 fresh.mp3
    278.4 KB · Views: 22
Top Bottom