1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed with Cubase expression maps...

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by MrLinssi, Apr 15, 2018.

1. MrLinssi

MrLinssi A glorified bedroom musician.

Oct 1, 2016
    Finland
    Okay, first of all, sorry for asking something that's probably obvious. I'm trying to set up exp. maps for Tundra. I use CC for switching articulations (CC72 in this case, value 0 is Flaut. CS Long, Short is 1, Frozen is 2, etc.), everything works as it should. But when I make an expression map (picture below) and select it, I can't switch the articulations from my keyboard fader anymore, Kontakt doesn't even receive the midi signal. Selecting the articulation from the piano roll works fine. Am I doing something wrong here or is this something that's just not possible? :confused:

20180415_194833_HDR-1.jpg

garyhiebner likes this.
  2. Jimmy Hellfire

Jimmy Hellfire Senior Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Austria
    This is indeed normal. When an expression map is controlling the CCs, you can't control them via hardware. :thumbsdown:

3. OP
    OP
    MrLinssi

MrLinssi A glorified bedroom musician.

Oct 1, 2016
    Finland
    Well...that sucks. Thanks for helping out! :thumbsup:

4. Tfis

Tfis Senior Member

Jan 13, 2016
    You could use the remote function to use keyswitches.
    If they interfere with the playing range you can transpose the instrument by an octave or two. The keyswitches won't be affected.

MrLinssi likes this.