What's new

Help! MIDI Controllers with sliders/faders

dman007

My Korg nanoKONTROL2 has just broken (it's throwing out random MIDI CCs when nothing is being touched)

I use the sliders/faders for expression/modulation etc

I was trying to get a replacement (in UK) but I can't seem to find one in stock anywhere that can be delivered quickly.

From my online search, there doesn't seem to be a good alternative for a similar price.

Can anyone recommend one?

Can anyone confirm that the Behringer X Touch one fader can be used for expression control in Cubase or reaper? I just need a single fader (plus transport control) for solo strings, winds and brass. I've heard conflicting details on this.
Thanks
Charlie

Can anyone confirm that the Behringer X Touch one fader can be used for expression control in Cubase or reaper? I just need a single fader (plus transport control) for solo strings, winds and brass. I've heard conflicting details on this.
Thanks
Charlie
HI! I had one of those recently. You can do that and a lot more in Reaper if you use Realearn. It has some learning curve, but what doesn't in Reaper? However, the outcome is very desirable.You can use the controller in midi mode and map many functions to it. I didn't keep it because I am just a hobbyist and if I had a controller, then I'd like it to have more knobs.

I don't know about Cubase, though. Most likely not.

Last edited:
HI! I had one of those recently. You can do that and a lot more in Reaper if you use Realearn. It has some learning curve, but what doesn't in Reaper? However, the outcome is very desirable.You can use the controller in midi mode and map many functions to it. I didn't keep it because I am just a hobbyist and if I had a controller, then I'd like it to have more knobs.

I don't know about Cubase, though. Most likely not.
Thanks MexicanBreed for your thoughts. I'm using both Reaper and Cubase lately so need more info re Cubase but its use with Reaper sounds promising. Cheers and take care.
Charie

Top Bottom