Votes: 2 1.5%
  • CineSamples CineStrings Solo

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • 8Dio Deep Solo Strings

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Other (I'm all ears)

Votes: 41 30.4%

• Total voters
Great to know! I still have a ton to explore with this lib, just started using it yesterday. Do you perhaps own Spitfire Symphonic Strings? If yes, do you know if Solo Strings blend well with Symphonic Strings? Are they MIDI-consistent?
SF Solo Strings work well as first desk players for both SSS and SCS. (And SSS and SCS work together this way for the most part too.) I use the first desk violinist for violin 1 and the progressive violin for violin 2, though the latter lacks legato. I also use the regular cello legato rather than the total performance version. In general, you can just reuse the same midi, though articulations are not completely consistent between these libraries. Where they are consistent (legato for legato, spiccato for spiccato, staccato for staccato, etc.), the midi tends to translate very well in terms of modwheel and velocity, and they all use the same UACC coding so if you set the keyswitching up that way, the midi will translate reasonably well so long as the libraries have the same articulation.

There are some differences in how the vibrato is handled among the libraries since each has a somewhat different take on vibrato. It's not usually a problem though in the context of section playing. For balance I find I will make some trims with CC11 on the solo instruments to push it forward on top of the section and pull it back into the section.

Top Bottom