What's new

Help: Dorico, Finale, Cubase... Which software is the most suitable for me?!

From all the kind replies that I received today, Dorico would be a good choice. The only problem is the price: nearly 550€ and I'm not yet really ready to spend so much money...

Just for the record, as a Finale user, you can buy the Dorico crossgrade (or competitive upgrade) which is massively less expensive than that. IIRC its around 225.

Just for the record, as a Finale user, you can buy the Dorico crossgrade (or competitive upgrade) which is massively less expensive than that. IIRC its around 225.
Thanks for the info... If I can spare some money, it's always enjoyable!

I cannot do a mockup in a scoring program and I can't do a score in a DAW. I use both. And I don't use one and transfer the info to the other. It's more work, but to do the best on both jobs, it's best to do separately. I was perfectly happy with Sibelius but them going to subscription pissed me off. I don't do enough scoring to justify the price. I've been keeping an eye on Dorico since their birth. I've been demoing version 2 and I think I'm ready to move over. For me who does orchestral scores, the divisi function is the game changer. Have one staff for flutes on one page and need 2 or 3 on the next, done.

Since Dorico is still in it's toddler stage, there may be something that one of the other programs have that you can't live without that is not available yet in Dorico.

Top Bottom