What's new

Hello from Moscow, Russia!

Nick Carella

Hello everyone,

Recently heard about this forum on the UBK Podcast and it's just the place I never knew I needed so I couldn't find it! :)

Recently I finished my first project as a VI composer (not sure if I can link it here)

There are so many things I wish I'd do differently, but I released it outside the game anyway, just so I could find out how to do it :)

I stared as a guitar player (rock mainly), then become obsessed with song writing and mixing. I am struggling with my acoustic endeavours and it's bumming me out – seems like I can record/produce rock tracks that will pass my internal QC so I can't get people to listen to my music. I was approached by my friends in the end of the 2017 to write music for their game that was still in development at the time and I went along with it.

Such an awesome experience! I was finally able to express myself musically and put it out there for the players to hear! This kind of music (instrumental, orchestral, soundtrackish – is this even a word? :) does not necessarily require tracking live instruments, comping, editing – so there is it! Done and released.

All of it was done with Logic Pro X instruments, a couple of standard Kontakt libraries, one acoustic guitar and a tambourine.

Now I'm thinking about the next one – probable straight to the freemusicarchive. I'm planning to explore different themes and genres just for the fun of it, maybe after one or two rock tracks – this little win really changed my perspective on making music. I think I will finally be able to stop overthinking it and treat it more like a slice of the time thing. Capture the moment with my current skills and knowledge, release it, learn from it and move one!

Wow. I just wanted to create a small 'Introduce yourself' thread and poured all this stuff on you, sorry :)

Thanks!

Nice introduction Nick and thanks for sharing :) and of course welcome to VI Control!

Top Bottom