1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Moscow, Russia!

Discussion in 'INTRODUCE Yourself' started by Nick Carella, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Nick Carella

Nick Carella New Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Hello everyone,

Recently heard about this forum on the UBK Podcast and it's just the place I never knew I needed so I couldn't find it! :)

Recently I finished my first project as a VI composer (not sure if I can link it here)

There are so many things I wish I'd do differently, but I released it outside the game anyway, just so I could find out how to do it :)

I stared as a guitar player (rock mainly), then become obsessed with song writing and mixing. I am struggling with my acoustic endeavours and it's bumming me out – seems like I can record/produce rock tracks that will pass my internal QC so I can't get people to listen to my music. I was approached by my friends in the end of the 2017 to write music for their game that was still in development at the time and I went along with it.

Such an awesome experience! I was finally able to express myself musically and put it out there for the players to hear! This kind of music (instrumental, orchestral, soundtrackish – is this even a word? :) does not necessarily require tracking live instruments, comping, editing – so there is it! Done and released.

All of it was done with Logic Pro X instruments, a couple of standard Kontakt libraries, one acoustic guitar and a tambourine.

Now I'm thinking about the next one – probable straight to the freemusicarchive. I'm planning to explore different themes and genres just for the fun of it, maybe after one or two rock tracks – this little win really changed my perspective on making music. I think I will finally be able to stop overthinking it and treat it more like a slice of the time thing. Capture the moment with my current skills and knowledge, release it, learn from it and move one!

Wow. I just wanted to create a small 'Introduce yourself' thread and poured all this stuff on you, sorry :)

Thanks!

Shredoverdrive likes this.
  2. Jaap

Jaap Best audience ever...booh!

Nice introduction Nick and thanks for sharing :) and of course welcome to VI Control!

3. imusic

imusic Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Hi from my side !

Have fun here, imusic

4. Shredoverdrive

Shredoverdrive Senior Member

Feb 7, 2018