Hello From Kentucky

Simeon

I am so excited to have discovered this amazing group of creators. I have been lurking and posting a little but thought I would step out of the shadows and introduce myself.

I started playing when I was around 5 years old at my local church, as I grew older I found myself playing for local quartets and soloists. Our church would have camp meetings where I would rotate between Hammond B-3 and acoustic piano during the week-long services. Some of my first jobs were working in the mall and demonstrating those amazing 1-finger accompaniment organs, I was a better player than a salesman. Not having any formal training to speak of, I mostly picked up everything by ear.

While in my Junior year of High School I found myself in Jazz Band sitting behind a Fender Rhodes suitcase and my life would never be the same after that. Mr. Frank the band director took an interest in me and guided me in learning about reading chord charts and with visiting musicians such as Jamie Abersold and a couple of my best friends; one thinking he was Neil Pert and the other Alex Liefson it was a true education all around. Playing "Subdivisions" were some of my best memories in learning how to play in 5/4.

Today I look back on so many amazing memories and opportunities that have taken me around the world doing what I love to do. I am very humbled to be a part of this group and hope that I can continue to contribute and assist when I can. You can follow me on my YouTube channel where I have started doing a lot more content lately thanks mostly in part to some of the fabulous companies represented here.

Thanks again and please let me know if I can ever be of service to any of you in the future.
All the best,
Simeon
PraiseTracks.com
www.youtube.com/praisetracks
Twitter: @praisetracks

CGR

Pianist, Composer & Arranger
Welcome to the forum Simeon. I've watched a few of your sampled piano walkthrough/review videos and have really enjoyed the content, your playing & your enthusiasm.

Cheers,
Craig

doctoremmet

Music Addict
Hi Simeon. Due to a weird coincidence I just discovered your Youtube channel (and immediately subscribed) and here you are on VI-C (which I also joined fairly recently).

Good to have you here. I really enjoy your walkthrough videos (I only watched the piano ones). You Sir, can play! Tip:the 8dio C5 one is on sale right now and is excellent, maybe worth a video.

Looking forward to cross paths with you here!

Last edited:
OP
Simeon

Simeon

Hi Simeon. Due to a weird coincidence I just discovered your Youtube channel (and immediately subscribed) and here you are on VI-C (which I also joined fairly recently).

Good to have you here. I really enjoy your walkthrough video’s (I only watched the piano ones). You Sir, can play! Tip:the 8dio C5 one is on sale right now and is excellent, maybe worth a video.

Looking forward to cross paths with you here!
I picked up the 1985 Passionate piano this morning before the price went up (it was close). ;^)
Working through it some and it is very nice.

Thanks for the kind words and look forward to continuing to learn and explore while making new music.

doctoremmet

Music Addict
I picked up the 1985 Passionate piano this morning before the price went up (it was close). ;^)
Working through it some and it is very nice.

Thanks for the kind words and look forward to continuing to learn and explore while making new music.
You’re welcome Simeon. I have been playing the 8dio C5 for a couple of hours now and I am in love with it. Cannot really tell why exactly, but it plays me so to speak - and THAT is always a good sign.

I am curious what your findings will be and look forward to watching you play it and give us your honest and much appreciated insights.