What's new

Hello composers, 8dio string quartet series is true solo or first chair?

I’d say...both kinda!
A pretty decent amount of the demos on the site show them being used as solos and they also work well together especially with their sustains and arcs, being the highlight for me.

I personally wouldn’t use them for a (completely) exposed solo passage but they seem to do pretty good for lead melody writing when dressed. Although the ‘Homeseeker’ demo for the viola has some pretty great sounding exposed parts.

The raw, woody tone has made them a go-to for emotional sustains for me and the crescendo patches are just gorgeous

Reactions: RMH
Let us know what you think. With the bundler and some creativity one can get these for $280, which is $70 per instrument. For the sheer amount of valuable content that seems like a great deal to me. The only things holding me back are a lack of SSD storage and some weird fit of self-constraint, given the ridiculous amount of sounds, new plugins, synths and samples I have YET to give a first spin. So for me it is on the “future buy list” for now...

Let us know what you think. With the bundler and some creativity one can get these for $280, which is $70 per instrument. For the sheer amount of valuable content that seems like a great deal to me. The only things holding me back are a lack of SSD storage and some weird fit of self-constraint, given the ridiculous amount of sounds, new plugins, synths and samples I have YET to give a first spin. So for me it is on the “future buy list” for now...
You and me both. Plus I am wondering if Infinite Strings will work well as solo Instruments or whether they are more likely to be just first chairs.

You and me both! I've decided to prioritise completing the Westwood strings bundle first as I'm already 50% through owning it (although this video of the 8dio quartet impressed me with the intimate sounds, wasn't expecting that from this set), and then getting the Emotional Viola to round out that series. Sometimes it feels like I'm just collecting libraries for the sake of collecting them...

I've decided to prioritise completing the Westwood strings bundle first as I'm already 50% through owning it
I did the same but only had the Viola, so a good amount of money was spent getting the rest and the Alt Piano. I like what I hear with the Studio quartet series, but at this point I need to be using more of what I have got.

Together we’ll stay strong. We need slogans and mantras too!

April - GAS Kill
May - VIs go away
June - enough stuff to make a tune
July - another plugin? No why?
August - Purchase? Disgust!
September - no new stuff remember?
October - stay plugin sober
November - ah f*ck it, where’s @TigerTheFrog ’s new thread already
😂

2/3 through April and I have already got:
  • Pigments 3
  • Westwood Violin, Cello, Bass and Alt Piano
  • Cherry Audio CA2600 and DCO-106
  • Hornet plugins HATEFish RhyGenerator
  • Fuse Audio VBD pedals
  • Ethera EVI 2
  • Pianoteq 7 standard
  • Leap Motion
Not disappointed with any of it. Just so much to try and learn. Plus of course having EW CCX I have Opus to play with as well!

Which is why 8dio studio quartet might have to wait even though I do like the sound of it. Plus I am still very tempted with the SWAM bundle, as physical modeled Instruments are great fun to play with when you have Roli, TECbreath controller and a Leap Motion.

My name is Mark and I have a problem with buying Plugin Libraries, but at least I am not into Eurorack otherwise I would be broke!

My name is Mark and I have a problem with buying Plugin Libraries, but at least I am not into Eurorack otherwise I would be broke!
Dude. I’m the same. Introducing me to Eurorack would be the equivalent of saying to a cokehead: “Need something to help you with the comedown? Here’s some golden brown”. I’d be living under a bridge within weeks.

We may need to cover and rewrite KRS1’s seminal track... “P is free, cause the crack cost money”. P in this case can refer to plugins like the free Voltage Modular and LABS and all those gateway drugs.

Sorry for totally trainwrecking this thread btw 😔

Top Bottom