What's new

Heavyocity's Summer Sale Starts NOW!

Any thoughts on intimate textures? Been thinking it would be cool to layer with my SA stuff.

I just removed my post as I didn't realize this was a developer's thread and my post contained some negative comments. Sorry about that Heavyocity -

Last edited:
Any thoughts on intimate textures? Been thinking it would be cool to layer with my SA stuff.

This is my perennial question also:

Check out John composition in particular, where he layers it with Tundra:

Haven't managed to convince myself to buy IT yet, but getting awfully close.

I love IT and RT. I can see how some might not like it, the focus is on less common techniques. It's also a small string section so it's not "lush" as some might expect. IT in particular focuses on sul tasto, ponticello etc.= techniques that are almost the opposite of "warm", yet there's a certain icy quality that has it's own warmth. Or "anti-warmth". :)

I made a clip, viola. This is a good example of love/hate. :) It's sul tasto with no vibrato. If you don't like it, you probably shouldn't buy it. :) I do. I'm a pro string player and this is what it sounds like with a small group playing this way. It's a different sound than some might expect.

Attachments

• vla.mp3
    583 KB · Views: 22
BTW I am downloading Novo at this moment. I got Novo Essentials yesterday and thought "nah, I'm gonna need the whole thing". So if anybody would like to buy some slightly used body parts, please let me know. :)

Despite anxiously waiting for this sale, I'm gun shy on Ethnic & Metal Ensembles already owning Damage. The Master Sessions Suite seems like a more comprehensive version of what's in Damage.

Somewhat similar for Gravity already owning Rise & Hit, Thrill & Haunted Spaces.

Anybody got the Scoring Bass yet? How do you like it, or how useful it is to you? Sounds good in the demo, but seems to depend heavily on the phrases / loops.

I would have jumped on Damage (yeah, I might be the only one not to have it yet) but this one is out of the sale unfortunately.

But... Forzo…. Must... resist... Gnnn....Lord help me....

Anyone have DM-307? Thoughts?

A lot of great sounds for electronic/hybrid and of coarse a lot of loops in the HO tradition. There are some acoustic sounds as well. Not velocity layered, RR deep stuff, but some nice acoustic drum and percussion in more of a "drum machine" processed style.

Good organization as in material layed out in -
GM kits - standard mapping of kit pieces.
Style kits - where the kit pieces are grouped together across octaves, i.e. first octave is all kicks, second is all snares etc...
Element kits - like claps and snaps, bongos and congas, kicks (acoustic) kicks (sub), cymbals etc...
Impact and FX kits - like dives, reverses etc...

I don't use the grid sequencer so I can't really tell you much about it other than it just feels fussy and limiting for me. I much prefer playing patterns directly into Logic, but there is some pretty extensive crazy stuff you can do there. The effects section is quite deep as well.

The sounds are top notch and if your in the market for electro/hybrid stuff, you should like it.

A lot of great sounds for electronic/hybrid and of coarse a lot of loops in the HO tradition. There are some acoustic sounds as well. Not velocity layered, RR deep stuff, but some nice acoustic drum and percussion in more of a "drum machine" processed style.

Style kits - where the kit pieces are grouped together across octaves, i.e. first octave is all kicks, second is all snares etc...
Element kits - like claps and snaps, bongos and congas, kicks (acoustic) kicks (sub), cymbals etc...

I don't use the grid sequencer so I can't really tell you much about it other than it just feels fussy and limiting for me. I much prefer playing patterns directly into Logic, but there is some pretty extensive crazy stuff you can do there. The effects section is quite deep as well.

The sounds are top notch and if your in the market for electro/hybrid stuff, you should like it.
Yeah looking for hybrid style stuff. Use the crap out of damage so was hoping this would be like that expanded

Yeah looking for hybrid style stuff. Use the crap out of damage so was hoping this would be like that expanded

Looks like Aeon might fit the bill too, though wondering if that'd be super redundant to omni2.

@dzilizzi - do you own Aeon?

There are hybrid kits and FX kits, but there is also a lot of electronic drums and percussion and traditional straighter drums and percussion

Looks like Aeon might fit the bill too, though wondering if that'd be super redundant to omni2.

@dzilizzi - do you own Aeon?
No, I was looking at it. But I think I will pass right now. I still haven't done much with Omni and Absynth either. Truthfully, if I get anything it would be Forzo right now. But I'm kind of over my budget this month.

Top Bottom