What's new

Heavyocity Vocalise—Noisy High Ends?

CWest

Hey everyone! Does anyone use Heavyocity's Vocalise? Its super fun, first of all. But I'm finding the phrase menus to be a huge challenge. The vocals sound great, except there's this pervasive high-end noise that I can't remove without setting the vocal back in the mix. Any thoughts on how I could remove the noise without sending her way back?

[AUDIOPLUS=http://vi-control.net/community/attachments/vocalise-phrase-mp3.7682/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

OP
CWest

CWest

The track vocal I posted is untouched to give you all an idea of what I'm hearing.
Thanks!

JonSolo

Not Han's Brother
Well for sure you could dial back the Punish section a bit. Check your active FX and play with the built in EQ/FILT section to kill it. Alternatively if you have any kind of noise filters (I have used Waves and Izotope RX) to isolate and eliminate whatever is left. That is how I got some of the samples cleaner in one of my mixes.

OP
CWest

CWest

Thanks for the tips Jon. I admit I haven't really explored Gravity's internal Filter or Eq much, but after a little tweaking I was able to cut must the noise. The vocal definitely sounds more distant as a result, but it definitely beats the alternative.
Cheers!

JonSolo

Not Han's Brother
Glad to help. I really enjoy this library, much more so than Gravity itself. I really want to like Gravity more but it just has a narrow scope, at least from my point of view.

OP
CWest

CWest

I do love the sounds in gravity... But I know exactly what you mean. The impacts and hits are probably the only thing I consistently use—the sub hits more than anything else. The layers sound wonderful. But I rarely can find an excuse to use them. Plus they're so hard to mix!

JonSolo

Not Han's Brother
I have done so in a very hybrid type of mix. Here is an example, check the last third or so of the song (well you can check the whole thing out to get the context)-

OP
CWest

CWest

Lovely work. The intro vaguely reminded me of Pans of Labyrinth (one of my favorite scores). +1 Sub

Top Bottom