What's new

HeavyOcity : Rhythmic Textures

I like it as well and i´m sure i will get it in the next days since i already own NOVO and Intimate Textures (which is my favorite Heavyocity tool so far).
I really love what i see and hear here.

This tosses a wrench in my immediate plans with very limited budget. :crying:
Was going to pickup SF_Solo Strings while still available. I know this is hugely different, but for now it has to be one or the other ….. :cautious:

I know I won't be getting it direct from Heavyocity this time around. Got burned everytime I buy direct from them then it's cheaper on Jrr or Plugin boutique

I was thinking about the current deals from Orchestral Tools, since they rarely do sales, but I will have a hard time passing this new Heavyocity library. The sounds from the videos are superb.

I coudn‘t resist longer and just download it now (which will take about a whole day for me).
I always buy now from Heavyocity since it seems the best from here (Germany) since paypal charge me about €101 while i must pay €119 at bestservice or others with vat.
Otherwise there might be the 50% off deal via Native Instruments in a year or so.

Just when I promised myself... I do not own anything from Heavyocity yet, but this one looks interesting...
Has anyone anything negative to tell about this? I am looking for easy & inspirational, maybe this one is not for me?
I do like the preset video more than the demo's.

I know I won't be getting it direct from Heavyocity this time around. Got burned everytime I buy direct from them then it's cheaper on Jrr or Plugin boutique
I’m not seeing this one at any of the usual sites, just Heavyocity themselves.

I'm going to have to sleep on this one. I own all the NOVO libraries so far, and I just don't seem to use them that much, even though I had high hopes when I bought them. When I go exploring within them, it's hard for me to find things that seem right. And, some of the presets with more complex patterns baked in strike me as already being someone else's composition, and not something I'd want to use (or have anyone else recognize). Also, I'm not sure I like the basic sonics of these libraries all that much. I can get that hyped sound out of all the other libraries I own by running them through plug-ins (I've got Heavyocity's Punish plug-in, too, for that matter).

I picked up Novo Intimate Textures with high hopes, but regret the purchase. It has an unpleasant harshness to it that borders on screechy at times and all of the super processed stuff sounds cold and robotic. This new one sounds very much in the same ballpark so I'll pass for sure. SF Tundra and the Arnaulds Evo's cover motion articulations so much better IMO. Mostly sweet and warm tones, although there is some more out there, intense stuff as well, but even there, it doesn't make me wince.

I wonder why Heavyocity thinks that we will fancy the cold-screechy-metallic-robotic sounding Strings ?

Actually, all of their NOVO line and expansions have this quality. I wish they focus on producing just the opposite characteristics of strings. A modern sounding Strings library doesn't have to sound cold, and lifeless. With all the recording gear we have today, they oddly focused on capturing the sound of strings I would make sure I avoid capturing if I was recording, or producing a strings library/recording.

Plus, it is so much easier to make a great sounding, warm, and realistic strings recording sound cold, digital, and screechy (If I ever needed that sound), versus going the other way around.

Last edited:
Might be flavor. While some stock presets/snap shots are more on the digital sounding hybrid side i really love the texture designer. For me the best thing for string textures from all things i own (if you are spare on time).
I actually don´t use the main NOVO often but i really felt in love with the Intimate Textures and sure i will feel good with this here too. But i really needed to tweak my own sounds here to get what i want and put some external FX on it. These might be even my favorite string tools (including HZS and Tundra).
It´s also the question if you search for just normal realistic strings or some more unique stuff.
Also NOVO is much better for live performance if you want to set up a sound and just play live without a ton of automations and controllers added.
I also like that the NOVO sounds fits mostly well in acoustic but also mainly synth oriented songs. NOVO is for me just the best to connect these 2 worlds.

Last edited:
I wonder why Heavyocity thinks that we will fancy the cold-screechy-metallic-robotic sounding Strings ?
All the core sounds of Intimate textures are possible with real strings. A small group of players using those strokes in a studio will sound like that. I find IT the most useful for layering with other libraries, the sul tasto really adds to the depth of sounds.

I'm looking forward to the new one, I've always thought that #1 was only a partial package and #2 will fill out the possibilities significantly.

Are Rhythmic Textures time stretch? Sound similar like OA Chamber evolution (which I have), but yes sounded much colder..
The "modernity" of this sound is achieved that in this strings are not vibrato therefore sounded less warm.
I known many solo strings players which despise with vibrato in sound (more todays players plays like in Bach era with a light, pure sound).

This sequel looks more loop-ish than its predecessor, more predetermined, in the vein of Spitfire EVO 1 and therefore less useful for actual playing and songwriting IMO, although it does sound cinematic. Apparently contains less than half the number of samples compared to Intimate Textures.

Last edited:
I picked up Novo Intimate Textures with high hopes, but regret the purchase. It has an unpleasant harshness to it that borders on screechy at times and all of the super processed stuff sounds cold and robotic. This new one sounds very much in the same ballpark so I'll pass for sure. SF Tundra and the Arnaulds Evo's cover motion articulations so much better IMO. Mostly sweet and warm tones, although there is some more out there, intense stuff as well, but even there, it doesn't make me wince.

I have the same opinion. I have OA evo as well and I use it way more than Intimate Textures.

Top Bottom