What's new

Heavyocity Mosaic Keys and Voices - Your Thoughts?

Thanks for all your advice, everybody.

After listening to the demos and watching the videos a lot more, and reading what is written here, I have decided to resist the GAS on these two libraries. At least until Black Friday. :whistling:

Thanks for all your advice, everybody.

After listening to the demos and watching the videos a lot more, and reading what is written here, I have decided to resist the GAS on these two libraries. At least until Black Friday. :whistling:

I did the same, and came to a similar conclusion. Those poor voices are swimming in so much reverb, I want to throw them a life preserver. ;) The sequenced efx looked interesting, but it no longer sounded like voices. It would be interesting to hear what the raw materials in this library sound like, dry. I'm not hearing anything that wouldn't be pretty easy to accomplish with most any other choir sample set by tweaking ADSR to VCA/VCF and piling on boatloads of efx that we all own already. The only rationale I can see would be if you want the convenience of quickly stepping through a bunch of presets of this sort of thing, not taking the time to set things up, yourself.

I bought Mosaic Voices and I actually love it. Using voice as a primary source for the hybrid textures gives them an arresting quality, particularly in the bass register. For anybody whose little child mind was blown by 'Zoolook' all those years ago, the ARP's using staccato voices will be heaven. Could you do this using the tools you have now? Of course! But whose got time for that shit? if you need something inspiring out of the box, this is doing it for me.

I like the sound of both of them tbh. Do I need them right now? No. So, for once (and despite them being Heavyocity) I’ve resisted my GAS and will wait for them on sale. Be nice to hear some compositions using them though if anyone wants to post some examples?

I love everything by Heavyocity, but this time i'm not hearing anything new.

What do you mean by "anything new"?

I am quite torn. On the one hand the presets sound phenomenal! On the other hand I am afraid, that the instruments are somewhat limiting and hard to fit into compositions. I really don´t wanna end up with a library where I would have to build the whole track around the library to make it work.

What is your experience?

And is there something you really liked or really missed? Something that would make it a no-brainer or a no-go?

I have watched the videos now and I like the concept of having these rhythm presets with different sound layers. However I think I'll pass on this one, as I don't like the sound of the keys so much.

Based on what I heard Vocalise sounds more human whereas Voices sounds more electronic.
There is a cross-over between them so I'm going on the presets and walk-throughs.
I may well purchase it at some point but as they have regular 50% deals I'm in no hurry as I want to explore Vocalise further first.

Based on what I heard Vocalise sounds more human whereas Voices sounds more electronic.
There is a cross-over between them so I'm going on the presets and walk-throughs.
I may well purchase it at some point but as they have regular 50% deals I'm in no hurry as I want to explore Vocalise further first.

Bought Vocalise 2 on sale for $50. Thanks! Looking forward to diving in.

Kinda like Scoring Guitars but don’t like edgy stuff. So I guess I shouldn’t get its successor.

Kinda like Scoring Guitars but don’t like edgy stuff. So I guess I shouldn’t get its successor.
I know you ended the sentence with a period and not a question mark... but it felt like a question... and the answer is, “Yes”... get Scoring Guitars 2.

I was afraid you’d say that ;)
Yeah, they’re just good, you know?
I'm a huge advocate for HY, and ScoGui2 was a knee-jerk purchase along with Vocalise 2... and they both invariably find their way into tracks! Hell... I did a whole 80’s era guitar solo with 2 on my most recent release... and it works so well.

Top Bottom