What's new

Heavyocity Mosaic Keys and Voices - Your Thoughts?

Reid Rosefelt

aka Tiger the Frog
I realize that Heavyocity will post this soon in the Commercial Announcements, if they haven't already. But I'm interested in people's impressions of this, and particularly if they buy it.

The last thing I need to do is to find out another library I didn't know I wanted (Noire?) but they are definitely crying out to my GAS, particularly the Voices one.

Also, these two are being introduced as the beginning of a new series, so I wonder what might be coming in the future... guitars or strings maybe? Being part of a series makes them even more appealing to me.

I realize that Heavyocity will post this soon in the Commercial Announcements, if they haven't already. But I'm interested in people's impressions of this, and particularly if they buy it.

The last thing I need to do is to find out another library I didn't know I wanted (Noire?) but they are definitely crying out to my GAS, particularly the Voices one.

Also, these two are being introduced as the beginning of a new series, so I wonder what might be coming in the future... guitars or strings maybe? Being part of a series makes them even more appealing to me.

Don't know if I really love/need them, I'm a big fan of everything Heavyocity does, but this time ? do I really need these new libs, are they going to cannibalise my already owned libs ? As usual everything sounds great, but this is not an "immediate purchase". I will watch the previews again... :shocked:

The Voices piques my interest as it would fill a nice hole in my productions for a seemingly quick way to add that vox color...

[EDIT] - after listening to the Preset walk-through, however, I'm not as interested...maybe more synthetic sounding than I initially thought.

I like the voices, but I wonder if I couldn't just create my own hybrid voices myself, by combining sampled choirs with synth VOX. I think it's one of those Straylight-type libraries where you'd be buying it for their choices and their work, rather than because it's something you can't do yourself like sampling an orchestra. That said, I like the way it sounds.

I thought I would be interested in the Keys, but nah.

What I would like to see is a wind version of FORZO/NOVO.

And I'm sorting of wishing I had obtained Gravity during the last sale. But Straylight is looking like a budget version to some degree.

I'm genetically programmed to buy everything that Heavyocity makes so there's probably no holding out, but the keys I'm not so interested in. The vocals however are likely going in the basket. Organic sounds manipulated in this way seem more compelling and 'resonant' in a track.

Did you get a beta or something? You sure are a fast worker. Must be that ergonomic desk.
No I would just say that Mosaic Keys is really useful and just "fits in" really well. I hardly ever use keys without putting some combination of a trance gate / delay / stutter edit / autopan / pulsing type of thing, so this is just that x 100. It also sounds super organic.

Mosaic Voices less so but it's still fun... not sure if I'll get a ton of use out of that one because it definitely screams of synthy choir which I don't use very often. If I was just getting one I'd get Keys. I wish Mosaic Voices was either more choir-y or more synth-y, it's kind of caught in that middle ground like Analog Strings which was neither string-y nor synth-y enough to be useful to me. That said, patches like "gated reversed aahs" hell yeah.

Only just got them this morning so that's a super quick review, don't put too much merit into it.

Voices has some good sounds -- nice that it has male and female together, unlike Vocalise. I kinda like the hybrid quality of it. I'd have to think about whether this does more for me than a lot of little tools I already have, like SonicCouture's Tape Choir and https://www.kontakthub.com/product/The-Pentodian-Resonator-Choir/ (this little freak) from Hideaway Studios, to say nothing of vocoders, etc....

I preferred the sound of the Keys over Voices. I'm sure I could do something similar with my other instruments and effects but Heavyocity have done the heavy lifting here and provided a nice out-of-the-box sets of tweakable sounds.

I like the keys. Don't know if they would fit the type of music I do, but I like the sound/concept. Don't like the voices, too synthy.

Huge fan of Heavyocity, but...
...I wish they would "finish" what they started. My two Novo Packs (Intimate and Rhythmic) are great. I just need 2 more to complete the library, one of solo stuff and one more chamber orch. It feels like they released 2/3rds of a library then moved on.

I like the keys. Don't know if they would fit the type of music I do, but I like the sound/concept. Don't like the voices, too synthy.

Huge fan of Heavyocity, but...
...I wish they would "finish" what they started. My two Novo Packs (Intimate and Rhythmic) are great. I just need 2 more to complete the library, one of solo stuff and one more chamber orch. It feels like they released 2/3rds of a library then moved on.
Same here, I really would like the "solo and chamber"

I like the voices, but I wonder if I couldn't just create my own hybrid voices myself, by combining sampled choirs with synth VOX. I think it's one of those Straylight-type libraries where you'd be buying it for their choices and their work, rather than because it's something you can't do yourself like sampling an orchestra. That said, I like the way it sounds.
Is always time with these things. The time it would take to roll your own version (and not doing paid work) vs spending the money and having it done for you via a new purchase.
I flip on this all the time.

Finding Voices very ‘ho-hum’, and am quite unimpressed with my purchase. Perhaps more time or exploration is required, but so far not so good ...or distinctive.

Watching the videos, it's obvious that they put a lot of time into building these. Not sure if the sound is something I'd use often, though. Plus, I think I already have a lot of stuff that sounds like this. I'm coming to the realization that when a developer releases a new product, if the first few demos they post don't really knock me out, I probably won't use it much if I acquire it.

Top Bottom